Guy makes spooky zip line for distanced trick-or-treating this Halloween

I was confused; I thought you were using a euphemism.

Clearly I don’t get out enough. As there was no euphemism or double meaning intended.

Working with my 11 year old on a literal PVC pipe to drop Milkyway and Snickers bars down. Oh, to be young again.

I thought Halloween was nixed this year? Or, as my father used to say when we kids would inquire about any holiday, “it’s been cancelled … for lack of interest”.

If I did trick-or-treat at all I would be inclined to do something like this even in a normal year.

He’s even included a beer caddy so parents can get their drink on (is this legal?)

Only in America would someone question the legality of one adult giving a beer to another adult.

Loving her advice.

I really like this one.

2 Likes

Where I live there is an open container law, so unless the receiving adult is going to consume it on my property, or take it home unopened. It is illegal.

The real issue is do we need alcohol at kids events? When my child was younger, I used to walk with him on Halloween, and my job, and all the other adults jobs, were to watch that the kids got home safely.

Exactly my point: America has a drinking problem which they have addressed with excess legislation.

It’s not a question of “need”. You might as well ask if we “need” any of the trappings of Halloween or trick-or-treating: the answer is a resounding “no”, we don’t need any of it.

Existential questions aside, I’d guess most adults are perfectly capable of consuming an alcoholic beverage while safely shepherding their kid around. It’s the small percentage who have a problem with alcohol that you should be worried about. And I’d guess many of them frontloaded anyway, which makes this alcohol-serving device moot.

Beer for the adults is very common in coastal Virginia - it is usually cheap beer - Yuengling. But, some amazing Dads are passing out beer from their home brew.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.