Vote for the best Halloween candies, for science

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/21/vote-for-the-best-halloween-ca.html

5 Likes

If only I could trick or treat and get Chardonnay or even better Pinot Noir.

16 Likes

A few years back while handing out candy to a thousand kids, a guy with a wooden case strapped to his chest walked up and said “reverse trick or treat for grownups! What’s your pleasure?” and opened it up to reveal a tiny bar. He mixed cocktails for me and my friends and wished us Happy Halloween. Come back, Reverse Trick or Treat guy!

36 Likes

No. David Pumpkins will never die.
I won’t let that happen!

6 Likes

Tune in to NBC on Oct. 28th then:

5 Likes

I don’t know. You can’t improve on an original.

Pac-Man was a great game, but a lousy cartoon.

5 Likes

But this kind of defeats the original joke, doesn’t it? I mean the point was that the couple didn’t get the David S. Pumpkins reference and the reason was there was no reference to get. Now there is.

4 Likes

Liquorice.

3 Likes

Well, it’s being written by the same guys, and they’ve said that the whole premise of the special is that two kids run into David S Pumpkins who “answers none of their questions”, so hopefully it’ll keep him as weird and baffling as the skit.

4 Likes

Salmiak.

11 Likes

I take the survey every year just to mark joy on candy corn.

7 Likes

I know.

I was into David Pumkins before he was cool.

5 Likes

could be hit or miss. We’ll just have to see…

2 Likes

Candy corn 4 life!

6 Likes

Kids are sparse in my area so when a couple of trick-or-treaters surprised me last year all I had was some Colts Bolts. The kids were thrilled. Fortunately they were also my only visitors.

8 Likes

you mentioned " Hershey bars with candy corn in them" which implies chocolate embedded with CC, but in reality, it is just a candy corn-flavored bar made by Hershey - no chocolate is involved.

2 Likes

Wine gives me a migraine. Good thing there’s vicodin and mint juleps.

9 Likes

I would happily take a mint julep or an old fashioned as a substitute.

6 Likes

Why would they even do that?

4 Likes

beats me!

2 Likes