Halloween 2021!

4 Likes

TIL interesting scary stories from the Caribbean:

16 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for sharing…

Loved the last line…

My reckoning with racism wasn’t just a matter of rejecting the things that made me feel marginalized as a Black woman in America. I finally understood, it was about reclaiming what slavery and colonialism has stolen: our stories, our voices and our identities.

12 Likes

Legboot is another prankster in the same vein as “obvious plant”

15 Likes

Impress and/or attract?
That part works!

ezgif.com-optimize

17 Likes

Adorable!

10 Likes

Just finished my costume! I’m going as the Suez Canal, March 2021. Will post pics when it’s dry. The paint, not the canal…

21 Likes

Mind the tankers!

14 Likes

Ooh, good idea, I should add some backed up tankers!
Here’s what I have so far (costumes up here need to fit over winter coats. I’ve never gotten those “sexy” costumes when it’s 40 F out.)

20 Likes
4 Likes

Our daughter lives in a hip trendy city, their apartment is right on main street in their downtown.

Their apartment is split level so their living room window is right at ground level.

She just posted on Facebook that a guy dressed as Micheal Meyers was waking around with a knife. She thought it was funny.

I responded if this were Texas she could shoot him.

Within 10 seconds Facebook removed the comment and warned me about community standards violation.

Really? That’s a violation but all the other violent nonsense is acceptable?

Oh well, at least she’s having fun on Halloween.

7 Likes

25 Likes

I dunno, pork and fennel go together well, licorice is similiar in flavor?

2 Likes

And of course no Futurama-themed set of costumes is complete without at least one disembodied head in a jar. So we made a head museum!

19 Likes

A guy dressed as a maniac, wielding a knife… No cause for concern.

4 Likes
13 Likes

That is the best thing I’ve seen all day! Thanks!

8 Likes
5 Likes

Italian sausages often have fennel or anise in them, and I like that (and licorice) so I’d give those a try.

7 Likes

The most amazing Dune still suit made by my wife.

22 Likes