Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

yes! the mum was in the kitchen with me and we both commented that it looked like an artichoke. i guess i’d have to say that it tastes much like an artichoke, yeah.

9 Likes

Especially the purple at the base, green up top, in the end they are both blossoms it shouldn’t surprise us that much. That it tastes like an artichoke interests me, as my family very much likes artichokes.

7 Likes

You had me until…is that sausage gravy on that waffle?

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

4 Likes

Why would you even think that? What is wrong with you?

A couple of ripe bananas, some quark, some (peach’n’passion fruit) yoghurt tossed in the blender, boom, done, delicious waffle topping.

12 Likes

ann b davis alice nelson GIF by HULU

12 Likes

wassamatta? gravy on waffles is good! ever had chicken and waffles with gravy (not no maple syrup, no)? gravy on the grits, some greens… damn! now i want LoLo’s chicken and waffles!

7 Likes

I really don’t like grits, sorry! And a cream sauce with pork in it seems so wrong.

Savory crepes, that works, but I’d rather have my waffles with real butter and maple syrup, as god intended.

10 Likes

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Does not compute.

8 Likes

If I made savory instead of sweet waffles? You bet I would put gravy on them. But I’d probably go with chicken or turkey gravy rather than pork sausage gravy.

Does that go for polenta, too?

5 Likes

So, the other day I made savory scallion waffles, and dressed them with a little bit of tamari AND a little bit of maple syrup, and it was DELICIOUS! Salt and sugar together really hits the spot. Furthermore: Maple, how can you go wrong? And tamari, ummmmm…umami! It was SO satisfying.

I may have invented a new diet (i.e., slimming diet) aid. Maple syrup and tamari in a little dropper-top bottle. One drop of my super mixture on the tongue every few hours, and you will be so satisfied you won’t even want to eat. I could make millions!

7 Likes

I always go gravy and hot sauce on my chicken and waffles.

In part because I was introduced to that whole thing by Amish chicken and waffles. Which is basically chicken stew on a waffle.

4 Likes

The only waffle iron I have is a Griswold cast iron. I am afraid I have not perfected its use.
Not my photo:

5 Likes

Chicken, mushrooms, mixed frozen veg and some onion in a cream gravy served in a puff pastry vol-au-vont. Also on the menu, fresh corn on the cob.

8 Likes

It’s as hot inside as it is outside. What’s for dinner? Chocolate milk with ice cubes.

11 Likes

No, polenta I like! Different corn, and different fat.

7 Likes

How do you clean it?

8 Likes

Tap water and a non metal brush. Cast iron is pretty forgiving. I do season my cast iron with Avocado Oil from time to time.

5 Likes

Have not gone to this local Safeway for a couple years ( Laurie does ) and found weird fruit. The unlabeled round things was rock hard! WtF was that?

6 Likes

Mangosteen?

8 Likes

Wow, that is so cool. I may try one now.
Thank you.

6 Likes