Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

The “brown bottle” sakes are definitely meant to be lightly chilled. Not refrigerator cold, but cool cellar cold. At least, that’s how my Japanese relatives serve the good stuff at New Year’s.

6 Likes

The brewer is called Urakasumi, and that is their “Zen” brand. It is brewed in Miyagi Prefecture using rice from Hiroshima Prefecture. The picture is of a monk pointing at the moon, and it was drawn by Koichi Awakawa, a Zen artist from Kyoto.

https://www.urakasumi.com/hpa/page16.html

The recommended temperature is between 10-40C, depending on the season.

10 Likes

Oh, I get it now, it’s Hotei. No wonder the belly and the smile.

Thanks for the link! That’s a lot of info :smiley:

6 Likes

First tomato sauce from the garden this year. This has a combination of cherry tomatoes, heirloom, San Mariano and Early Girls. It also featured garlic, oregano, and basil from the garden. Since it was so hot here, I didn’t cook it inside. I simmered it out on the pellet grill so it got a little smokey flavor.

It was as sweet as ketchup!

8 Likes

I’m like one of Pavlov’s dogs when I see a pink box. My mouth starts watering because I know what’s inside.

6 Likes

One of my most used things in the kitchen is Pyrex
( pyrex, PYREX? ) custard cups. I have both spellings, though the PYREX borosilicate seem to create sparks in the microwave.
Or I was high.

Is there a difference between PYREX and pyrex? - Black Dot Research.

8 Likes

This is a better analysis.

9 Likes
4 Likes

Recommended!
Yes I love me some hot sauce. This was a new one to me that Laurie shopped a few weeks ago.

6 Likes

That looks yummy!

5 Likes

What l visualized:

What I got:

6 Likes

I made blueberry pancakes, but my blueberries were the tiny things…

Also made some pizza, did the rucola (arugola, rocket) prosciutto crudo, flakes of parmesan and a drizzle of basalmic

10 Likes

Is there more of a story to go with this?

Or are you going to leave us wondering forever about the details of Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How?

5 Likes

Laurie called me from the kitchen and said she had the first ( test) pancake from our portable induction unit. We are having a gas stove problem.
This was not what I expected. :pancakes:

8 Likes

:laughing:

8 Likes

“This is a sandwich with no self-esteem. A fear-based breakfast item.”

7 Likes

Speaking of food based comedy…

One of the greatest SNL sketches ever…

7 Likes

“A symbol of Irish freedom!”

4 Likes

Hey, everyone, I wanted to talk specifically about plant-based diets and tips, products, recipes, etc., but not hijack this thread (one of my favorites of the whole bbs), and also have it be more easily sortable if someone is trying to stay off the meat, so I started a companion thread here:

It’s not my intention at all to pull away from this thread, and I hope stuff here will get cross-posted where it makes sense. So please, if you’re coming here and posting a veggie or vegan recipe, consider cross-posting over there. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
And bon appetite!

9 Likes

Cross posting is fine. It may bring more folks to look at the other bbs post. Cheers, and looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.

7 Likes