Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

Eaten straight from the jar, they taste like a salad with balsamic vinegar. With a bit of salt on the face, the taste gets more complex. The egg comes out a bit more, there’s more umami. It’s tasty, but I don’t know that I’d do these again.

8 Likes

Baby back ribs from the Webber gas.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Lol, I use those clips for everything!

I’d say they’re great temporary fasteners, but some of mine have been in place for years.

If I ever want to use my kitchen table, though, it’s easy to disassemble my “standing desk”

11 Likes

television 80s GIF

sunglasses deal with it GIF

8 Likes

Read this at your own peril.

Archive version: https://archive.ph/QNj7c

6 Likes

Surprisingly Pizza preferences is not on the list

[Chicago deep-dish for the win btw]

6 Likes

'Tis now.

8 Likes

From the “pick your own basil” at the farm, scuppernongs and tomatoes from the farm market.

11 Likes

8iim

8 Likes

This was the sixth comment in that thread, from November 2022:

5 Likes

It somehow failed to make the list.

6 Likes

May have been deleted when the list got fixed. I dunno

6 Likes

Raspberry tartlets, with leftover puff pastry from the freezer.

11 Likes

You had me at the name “tartlet”.
But now at Sunday morning coffee I want to eat some!
I vote: YUMMY

6 Likes

More Sriracha thoughts.

6 Likes

Gnocchi-in-progress. I’m never going to win a prize for these - I use less flour than most recipes (and compared to most gnocchi I’ve eaten that I haven’t made) so they’re quite soft and light. They’re also now Lady Immutable’s benchmark, to the point where she’s stopped ordering gnocchi when we’re eating out.

Served with a simple tomato and basil sauce for the vegetarians, with crumbled pork and fennel sausages for the omnivores.

15 Likes

If your veggies like cheese, try doing them alla Sorrentina, we also like zucchini and shrimp, or walnuts, gorgonzola and cream, Home made are definitely best.

8 Likes

If your veggies like cheese, try doing them alla Sorrentina

Emma Stone High Quality GIF

Alla Sorrentina looks very drool-worthy. I’m in!

9 Likes

The segment on Chicago didn’t recommend ANY of the well respected tavern-style places – which they even admit is the ‘real’ Chicago style pizza – or some of the other always-on-the-top-of-the-chart places like Pequod, but instead one of the three recommended places is a chain almost equally located in the city and the suburbs, and the other doesn’t even have a single location in Chicago. It’s almost like the recommendations purposely went against the summary that came just before.

I have to assume other segments are equally as flawed.

7 Likes