Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

Celebrate Denise Richards GIF by CBS

8 Likes

Did you then filter your wine through a sieve?

5 Likes

No need. There was hardly any cork in the wine. I was surprised, but I guess that when the cork was cored out, all the crumbled cork was ejected by the corkscrew.

Comedy Central Idk GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

6 Likes

Got lucky then!

Nickelodeon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

6 Likes

Mackinac Island fudge is wonderful. So rich, so dense, and each one has such a marvelous texture whatever the flavor and added ingredients may be. There are also waaay more flavors available than what they’ve tried!

7 Likes

my blackened mahi sandwich came with a warning?!
i ate it anyway! yummy!

11 Likes

tuna time again! w00t!

first, i tried my hand at making spicy tuna onigiri. i think i got it. some i lightly fried on the big flat sides for a yakionigiri, the others just got toasted sesame seeds on them. the filling is raw spicy tuna chop, like you would get in a sushi handroll.
the leftover short-grain rice, i seasoned with mirin and rice vinegar, added greens and nori shreds and topped with poké to make poké bowls:

so much tuna! so damn good! so very lucky to share in the abundance!

12 Likes

Key limes are plentiful this year with a bunch of them ripening at once: time to make lime curd for, well, anything.

First batch done!

12 Likes

brown butter sage and pinenuts over store-bought pumpkin ravioli, artichokes cooked in herbed water and oil, and pomegranate.

10 Likes

oh, wow man! that is beautiful!
to me, that sounds like a wonderful fall dinner, no tuna needed!
i can just taste the flavors looking at that and knowing what you put in it!
[chef’s kiss]

7 Likes

Key lime pie! w00t!
i do love them. we had a tree on our property that stopped producing fruit. it was a long-time hold over and had to go. sad! a lot of work to get anything out of those little bastards, but worth it!
here’s a little sumpin’ for listening to while juicing tiny limes:

10 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/mxy29w/this_geometic_rhubarb_pie/

11 Likes

We went pumpkin picking yesterday, for the little one, while we were out in the field, we noticed lots of plants still flowering, so we picked a load, and put an anchovy and some mozzarella inside after taking out the pistil. They were then fried in a beer batter (forgot to take pics beforehand, these are the ones we didn’t cook).

11 Likes

Not bad for conference food.

11 Likes

Funny that the fake newspaper underneath is in English, given where you are

5 Likes

Good tip!

4 Likes

Persimmons from 2 weeks ago got soft so a dollar sized one as test led to full sized breakfast!:pancakes:

9 Likes

Pie from scratch. Pie pumpkin from the farmer’s market

10 Likes

Why do you have two pans, one inside the other?

6 Likes

I too have made pumpkin pie, for the first time in my life. I’d eaten it only once before, years ago when some American friends made it. It’s great!

I’m visiting my parents and they had a butternut squash[1] in the produce box they subscribe to, and didn’t know what to do with it.

1. Yes, squash is not pumpkin, but Serious Eats says that’s what’s in canned “pumpkin” puree anyway ↩︎

8 Likes