Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

Cheers!

Happy Hour Party GIF by Two Lane Brewing

16 Likes

Gucci Sounds Good GIF by Rosanna Pansino

7 Likes

Chicken shawarma

14 Likes

sylwia

Tea Calendar - Drinking the days of the year might seem like an obscure concept, but the Tea Calendar by German tea manufacturer Haelssen and Lyon

11 Likes

I most highly recco the Beautiful Food group on Loforo, a European micro-blogging site.

Never seen a recipe there, just a lot of gorgeous images and inspiration.

8 Likes

What wait?
“Global” Thai restaurants are part of an economic plan by the Thai government?
And… the red / yellow / green curries are all standardized when served in overseas restaurants?

Wow.
Still love to eat Thai food. Or the foods served in Thai restaurants…

13 Likes

Yeah-it was a campaign to increase tourism by making people think good think about Thailand and thai foods.

8 Likes

Sesame soba noodles and fresh shrimp rolls.

Hot here, trying to do meals involving less heating of foods if anyone has suggestions.

14 Likes

I use them all the time. They’re pretty weak when compared to from a restaurant but spice level is always something easy to increase on your own.
IMG_3482
IMG_3483

5 Likes

This is my go-to. Works really well with both minced pork (or finely chopped mushrooms for a vegetarian version) and it’s reasonably spicy.

(Sorry - could only find Aus/NZ link)

10 Likes

Ooh that looks more promising. Plus less expensive per use.

Don’t worry about the link. That brand is very easy to find where I live (US-Northern New Jersey)

6 Likes

You could also try Lao Gan Ma brand. It is tasty though i don’t think we’ve used it in Mabo toffu, just stir fry and fried rice. My spouse adds more heat to his portions. The crispy chili is good too, different flavor but these nice crispy bits

10 Likes

Ooh I will look for that!

5 Likes

I have a jar of their chili crisp at home, it’s good but it can be kind of confusing buying some because they make like 20 different types of the chili crisp and i’m not totally clear what the differences are but my fave is the one that has whole soy beans in it. For the spicy bean paste though i haven’t tried theirs, i have a different brand but i would be keen on trying Lao Gan Ma’s version.

10 Likes

Big ‘brick’ of pork. Browned in a Dutch oven, add onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and a can of Mexican beer.
Removed the brick and reduced the wet stuff down.
Pork back in the pan and into the oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
Already smells great.

11 Likes

video games dance GIF

12 Likes

It looks more like a pork brick after cooking in the oven.
Did I mention bay leaf?:leaves:

9 Likes

Requires some sacrifices, but a house built of bricks of pork is a challenge for even the hungriest Big Bad Wolf to get through.

6 Likes

Not a great look for the three little pigs though…

7 Likes

There are definitely better choices for them.

Smbc Wolf

19 Likes