Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

Have I mentioned how good it is to have a wok-capable stove again?

Pork, broccolini and tiny asparagus in oyster and fish sauces with chili.

11 Likes

Such vibrant colors were retained.
Looks great too!
Cheers!

5 Likes

Iā€™m a late convert to the blanch-and-refresh of green stem veg before stir-frying but it makes a huge difference to the colour. It does mean having to get the wok even hotter to get any wok hei without overcooking though. Worth it!

7 Likes

A Birthday gift booze from Wife:

The hannya (čˆ¬č‹„) mask is a mask used in Japanese Noh theater, representing a jealous female demon
I already had the porcelain Salt and Pepper heads.

9 Likes
9 Likes

Jane Seymour Reaction GIF by CBS

11 Likes

oh, dear. are we really doing this?
FB_IMG_1475288055365

11 Likes

I hope to take a water stone sharpening class at our local cutlery store:

8 Likes

Leaving Peace Out GIF by Rockstar Games

11 Likes

Why do people always talk about how (supposedly) wonderful warm, just-baked chocolate chip cookies taste, when chocolate chip cookies taste SO much better the next day?

7 Likes

Looney Tunes Fight GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

10 Likes

Amen. Iā€™d much rather have chocolate chips with a bit of snap.

6 Likes

The ā€œsharp knife is a happy knifeā€ part, I canā€™t attest to the knifeā€™s emotional state but I know I am happier with a sharp knife! Cut myself for the first time in a long time this summer while making campfire apple crisp with a dull knife. It was gross. Glad it wasnā€™t worse. We were canoe camping, so getting anywhere for treatment wouldā€™ve been an endeavor.
I baked the apple crisp in a cast iron skillet. :wink:

12 Likes

Ignite Set It Off GIF by MOODMAN

ETA - Googles apple crisp. Bookmarks for later.

10 Likes

I hope your place is bigger than mine. When I moved in, the landlord explained that the previous tenant had cooked with a wok :laughing: :grimacing: (the stove itself is 20 inches wide)

9 Likes

My wife caught me putting clean dishes from the dishwasher up in a cupboard.
No that is not unusual, I do that almost every morning.
But she thought me placing the fresh clean ones under the existing ones was weird!
Is it?

12 Likes

So that they get equal wear?

I hadnā€™t thought of that, but now that Iā€™m an empty nester, it might make sense!

8 Likes

We have a set of plates in different colors. I rotate them so we get to use all of them. There are also some things that stack better in a certain order, so they get put away in that order.

5 Likes

Brits should stop having sex with pastries!

3 Likes

Yes!
I noticed the wear ( scratches) on some.
I place the ā€œoldā€ ones on the counter and place the new ones on top.
Trying to slip the new ones under a stack didnā€™t work for me.
Be safe.

6 Likes