Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 2)

Okay ok ok… I know. Avocado toast :heart:

14 Likes

It’s fine. You ploughed it beautifully.

eta: I now have an image of a teeny-tiny tractor in my head.

12 Likes

Anyone got a good spinach and artichoke dip recipe?

5 Likes

Between Christmas and New Years we try and eat all the leftovers in the fridge. ( BtW, when I serve leftovers they’re called ’Re-runs’ cause we have seen them before) :wink:

8 Likes

I don’t have a true recipe on me, but I know the good ones include horseradish.

4 Likes

Yep, I like that.

4 Likes

:pray:t3: Thanky

4 Likes

i was thinking more of a tiny zen monk, raking thoughtful water-swept passages in the avocado. a contemplative toast, that.

13 Likes

Oh, that is a better image. Look at that tiny little rake. Thanks.

7 Likes

Hot Chipotle Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Lime

Ingredients:
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely minced
1 tablespoon grated lime zest (try 2 tsp)
1/4 cup lime juice (try 3 tbs)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
3 green onions, chopped
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
Optional accompaniments: baked pita chips, tortilla chips, sliced French bread baguette or assorted crackers

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°. Combine mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese; stir in next nine ingredients. Spoon into a deep-dish pie plate; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.

Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 20-25 minutes.

11 Likes

Just look at this article on using banana peels.

6 Likes

New years means Osecchi (the box of goodies) and O-Zoni (soup with mochi) I picked up some items but am waiting until tomorrow to go to Mitsuwa Mart for the rest.

(Pic from last year)

12 Likes

My gf made this, I shopped for it, it was made by her and eaten by her family while I was working, and was well regarded. She’s asleep at the moment, but I’ll get instructions when she’s conscious.

10 Likes

Does your GF keep her recipes in a book? Nice!

I just have a massive pile, some stuffed in a notebook, some just scribbled on paper, etc… I really should organize that!

8 Likes

The kids at my High School fell for this hoax: Smoking Banana Peels Is the Greatest Drug Hoax of All Time - Gastro Obscura

6 Likes

I recall there was a an episode in college when some friends grabbed a large amount of bananas from the dining hall, to harvest and smoke the peels. I was told the “high” was extremely mild and fleeting, and the main emotion experienced was shame, as another friend gave them a scolding as they had a huge pile of peeled bananas, too much to eat before they spoiled, and no plans to use them.

9 Likes

If you haven’t tried it, I recommend the app Paprika. It’s great for recipe organization. It’s one of three apps I’ve paid for in more than 10 years of smartphoning.

6 Likes

I dunno… I kind of want to keep my collection physical… Old fashioned, I know, but then again, I am a historian so… :smile:

10 Likes

Digital humanities? :wink:

5 Likes

Season 5 Whatever GIF by Paramount+

5 Likes