Harvey Weinstein faces life in prison with new charges

A family friend was stuck in a prison cell with someone who kept on doing the same “knock-knock” joke over and over and over. Cruel and usual punishment for sure.

3 Likes

Granted, varying degrees of culpability, from those who thoroughly aided and abetted his attempts to thwart prosecution or ruin lives (lawyers, p.i.'s, business insiders), but I’d say maybe take it easy on those who engaged in the whisper network, and tried to do what they could to prevent others from falling into the Weinstein trap.

4 Likes

Thank you. Prison rape is not a subject for witticism.

12 Likes

Agreed, it’s doubtful that most—if any—people surrounding Weinstein knew either the exact nature or extent of his crimes before this thing broke wide open. Many people had doubtlessly heard rumors that he was a harassing creep, but the only ones who knew he was a rapist were his victims and the people who they confided in. Even those women couldn’t have known the extent of his crimes until others started coming forward.

So while some people in Hollywood could have publicly stated “I’ve heard from multiple sources that Weinstein is a sexually harassing creep” it probably wouldn’t have resulted in any action against him without corroborating testimony from the women he assaulted, and I’m certainly not going to victim-blame the women who were too afraid to come forward earlier.

6 Likes

If you’re referring to the Orange Cheeto, he’s not a world leader; in fact, he’s actively trying to become less involved with other countries.

He’s still hoping for a sentence of 100 laps.

Apparently, it was an open secret in Hollywood that, in order to be considered in a movie produced by Weinstein, women were expected to accept Weinstein advances. There are several testimonies of women on file who expressed they were told that this was the way it worked, take it or leave it. I have a problem with that. I sincerely hope the investigation does not stop at Weinstein.

2 Likes

I had scarcely laid the first tier of the masonry when I discovered that the intoxication of Fortunato had in a great measure worn off. The earliest indication I had of this was a low moaning cry from the depth of the recess. It was not the cry of a drunken man. There was then a long and obstinate silence. I laid the second tier, and the third, and the fourth; and then I heard the furious vibrations of the chain. The noise lasted for several minutes, during which, that I might hearken to it with the more satisfaction, I ceased my labours and sat down upon the bones. When at last the clanking subsided, I resumed the trowel, and finished without interruption the fifth, the sixth, and the seventh tier. The wall was now nearly upon a level with my breast. I again paused, and holding the flambeaux over the mason-work, threw a few feeble rays upon the figure within.

1 Like

good
let him rot

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.