Harvey Weinstein guilty of rapes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/24/harvey-weinstein-guilty-of-rap.html

16 Likes

19 Likes

good-omens-aziraphale-joy

Wonderful news!

30 Likes

Will he stay out of prison pending appeal? Or do they let rich rapists run around loose?

21 Likes

That’ll likely be the case, I’m afraid. :roll_eyes:

17 Likes

Well we’ve already seen evidence that you-know-who is willing to put aside party affiliation when it comes to pardoning rich powerful white dudes who like to commit the same kinds of crimes that he does.

16 Likes

I should feel worse than I do for saying this…

…what I am sorry for is that I wish that the song that I chose
to say it with had aged a little better.

Given that he has charges pending in California that would make me think he represents a pretty major risk of jumping bail. I am hoping for a one way ticket to prison at this point.

Good thing Trump can’t do anything here.

22 Likes

If you think this is big news, wait til you see the miraculous recovery in his health after the sentence is handed down.

31 Likes

I can see them letting him out pending appeal, and him jumping ship to go hang with Roman Polanski…Assholes of a feather and all that.

18 Likes

Harvey, you are heading to the big house.

3 Likes

No, Weinstein was a Clinton donor, so Trump is going to not pardon him, but will likely use him as material in his rallies.

2 Likes

The white house?

2 Likes

trumps turn

Good.

14 Likes

Harvey Weinstein guilty of rapes

I mean, we knew that, but glad to see it’s finally being legally recognized…

7 Likes

So very good.

4 Likes

Judge Jackson revoked his bail and he went straight to jail. Seems to be that Jackson believes him to be a flight risk, what with his LA charges pending and all.

14 Likes

Why wait?

10 Likes

No pardon for Harvey, sad days…