Serial rapist Harvey Weinstein remanded into custody: "He is no longer a free man"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/24/serial-rapist-harvey-weinstein.html

3 Likes

Trump pardon in 3… 2…

11 Likes

Looks like he found a way to make a quick stop:

I hope he doesn’t escape justice by dying of a heart attack before he even has to do any time.

16 Likes

Meh. If it is painful and drawn out I would be okay with that.

7 Likes

Well, as long as its not an Epstein style “heart attack”

8 Likes

At best a severe paralyzing stroke. Forgive my wickedness.

2 Likes

State charges, not federal. Trump has no say.

15 Likes

ummm… cool

1 Like

I’d hate to be the aide who has to explain that to Trump.

5 Likes

Trump can only pardon Federal crimes, thankfully. I think these were NY charges?

1 Like

Good. It’s a start.

I believe you are correct. Although if he mouths off at how unfair treatment he got in the trial, just throw away this time line because it’s garbage.

Maybe not?

Social media is currently hyping up the fact that Michelle Obama once said something nice about Weinstein at a fundraiser before any of his sex crimes were publicly known, so that probably has something to do with Trump’s decision to condemn the guy instead of praising him.

Weinstein was a big Democratic donor, right? I think right-wing people like this because it’s good whataboutism fuel. Of course the reality is that, unlike the right, people on the left don’t care if you are “on their side.” If you are a rapist, they still think you belong in prison.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty key. No prominent Democrats went to bat for Weinstein just because he gave them money, just as no prominent Democrats went to bat for Blagojevich just because he was an elected member of their party. For the most part, Democrats are cool with seeing people from “their side” held accountable for their crimes (as long as they were actual crimes rather than largely baseless conspiracy theories).

4 Likes

Well I’ll be! I was totes expecting the “so unfair!” treatment.

1 Like

He was a Democratic donor rapist, that makes all the difference. Had he been a Republican donor rapist, we would see the pardon machine in full swing.

4 Likes

I can’t believe “casting couch” was a term that I didn’t blink at for decades.

It is like the term “under-age girls” that the Epstein case documentation and media repeatedly used. Like it was the girls’ who were at fault for being the age they were born.

Our language manufactures consent for the powerful and disdain for the weak.

2 Likes

I guess that’s the real problem from the perspective of the Republicans. Democrats are only held accountable for actual crimes, not for whatever nonsense Hannity says. If Democrats want to arrest Trump for actual crimes, they have to be willing to Clinton to prison for Pizzagate. Also, even then they won’t do it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.