Has Trump had a stroke? Drudge wants you to think so

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/01/has-trump-had-a-stroke-drudge.html

3 Likes

I dunno, but I sure hope he has.

22 Likes

All of the other issues aside, let us also not overlook the fact that this story is coming from a New York Times “reporter” who sat on this information for nine months rather than report it at the time, because he wanted to have juicy shit for his book. What a dick.

25 Likes

Wait… I thought Drudge was a right wing hate factory like Breitbart?

:thinking:

15 Likes

Trump briefly incapacitated? That’s business as usual.

10 Likes

Just released today:

Didn’t mention that the POTUS is down to 200 lbs and is now 6’8" tall.

27 Likes

The stroke affected him from the neck down.The opposite of his normal condition.

7 Likes

It’s currently trending on Twitter, and not just because of Matt Drudge.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TrumpStroke

And Drudge clearly wasn’t pleased when Trump didn’t follow through on some of his campaign promises. This summer he posted a banner headline that slammed Trump for building “no new wall at all!”

Following that opening salvo, his hits on Trump began stacking up. Through July and August last year Drudge warned that big government had expanded on Trump’s watch, that his “trash talk” turned off suburban women, that farmers were struggling and that the president was ruining markets with his trade wars.

And since the impeachment proceedings began, Drudge has gone further anti-Trump, pounding him day after day.

20 Likes

Rats leaving a sinking ship? I am constantly amazed that more aren’t turning on the Trumpy admin.

7 Likes

“Drudge wants you to think so.”

Is this a case of “rats leaving a sinking ship”, because Drudge thinks Trump has destroyed the party, and a Trump loss in November will also mean lost GOP seats in congress?

I predicted back in 2017 that Trump might fake an illness to get out of office when the going got tough. A stroke also gives him an out when it comes to remembering incriminating situations. Drudge could be helping orchestrate that, deliberately or inadvertently.

[ETA: or, you know, he really did have a stroke, which is not out of the question.]

5 Likes
12 Likes

2 Likes

It’s too bad he’s too invested in maintaining his image of perfect godliness to go along with it if it is a manufactured plan.

1 Like

Drudge is a right wing hate factory like Breitbart, but even a right wing hate factory can recognize that Trump is bad for the brand. It doesn’t hurt that Drudge’s income depends on the conservative moment as a whole, and not directly from the GOP or from Trump himself. Drudge may also think he’s big enough to weather the storm when he criticizes Trump (and he may even be right, although I still don’t understand the whole Drudge phenomenon).

Although we will know Trump is done when Ted Nugent and Kid Rock turn against him.

6 Likes

I love how he specified who “your favorite President” is (“me”) just for the Trump followers who are too slow to put it together from context clues. Like, was he worried his fans would respond with “wait, why is the lamestream media suddenly reporting Andrew Jackson had a stroke NOW??”

17 Likes

Honestly, I’m just surprised he didn’t do it again after “THIS candidate”.

10 Likes

The question in my mind is, has trump stopped having mini-strokes?

7 Likes

Normal human being writing this thought: “Now they are trying to say that I went to Walter Reed”

Narcissistic psychopath version: “Now they are trying to say that your favorite President went to Walter Reed”

Debilitatingly insecure narcissistic psychopath version: “Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed”

13 Likes

The next interviewer should ask that question: “When, sir, did you stop having mini-strokes?”

9 Likes

I love the part in the movie Dave where they’re trying trying to admit that the President had a mild stroke without using the word “stroke.” Cut to the news reporter saying the President “had a minor circulatory problem of the head.”

6 Likes