Have some fun with these attention-grabbing face mask designs

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/25/have-some-fun-with-these-atten.html

Yeah! Who the hell needs the protection of N95 masks when one can simply wear masks with silly prints? Why are healthcare workers making such a big deal out of not having ugly boring masks?

Presumably these masks are superior, because fun and silliness repel the virus, given that COVID-19 is deadly serious.

4 Likes

My favorite.

7 Likes

If you can find an N95 mask by all means wear one.

Good luck with that.

4 Likes

No kkk hoods or Nazi Germany flag designs?

(Admittedly only read the headline)

(Both happened in Santee, California within like a week)

3 Likes

Thanks! However, the ad is telling me that, if I do manage to get an N95, I still shouldn’t wear it, not because it should be donated to healthcare workers who need it more than I do, but because it’s boring. I suspect this ad isn’t providing the most sound advice…

4 Likes

Is it just me, or does the red knit cap on the tanned model remind other of Jacques Cousteau?

2 Likes

Man with swastika on his mask is calling out the governor for being a Nazi?

4 Likes

Does anyone know if these masks have some sort of wire in the nose to help shape the mask to one’s face, and/or a filter pocket to add extra protection?

(Or is this a question to ask StackSocial instead?)

5 Likes

The photo of a person wearing one does not look well fitted - so I don’t think it has a wire. Same with filter insert pocket. I think Stack Social would be bragging up and down if they had either of those.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.