Have you ever wanted to spend $1000 to eat a wagyu steak coated in 24-karat gold? Now you can!

Originally published at: Have you ever wanted to spend $1000 to eat a wagyu steak coated in 24-karat gold? Now you can! | Boing Boing

1 Like

I hope they provide appropriate facilities for folks with such discerning palates.

11 Likes

Is it against the BB rules to wish someone heartburn?

10 Likes

It’s a lot harder for this to come off as classy once goldschlager sets the precedent.

16 Likes

I’m irrationally annoyed that the sprite cost more than the espresso?

13 Likes

Have you ever wanted to spend $1000 to eat a wagyu steak coated in 24-karat gold?

Indirectly?

eat the rich 80s GIF

13 Likes

I could be outraged. But honestly, this is the most on brand thing I’ve heard about the rich in a month and I don’t have the energy to waste on this silliness. I’m sure the restuarants are totally trustworthy and not going to substitute 24 carat gold for something less expensive (and likely toxic). Right? Right?

12 Likes

One of the great things about living in Kobe, Japan is that you can eat Kobe beef anytime you want.

Nah, I’m just kidding, an 8oz steak that you cook yourself is still a a good 80 bucks (USD equivalent).

3 Likes

That does not look even remotely appetizing.

15 Likes

But imagine it with the price tag still on. :yum:

5 Likes

I would like to release a hundred starving dogs into that restaurant.
For reasons.

21 Likes

That was also the thing that hit me! The espresso was reasonable somehow.

3 Likes

Framing the headline as a question shows a real open-mindedness on Dunn’s part. Who knows, one of BB’s commenters might very well be a showy nouveau riche arsehole with more money than taste or intelligence.

11 Likes

What a waste of good waygu beef. Seriously, that stuff is awesome but this is just trash. I’m sure the people who order it probably ask for it to be well done too.

10 Likes

$10 for a Sprite!

And who is drinking Sprite with their golden Wagyu beef?

5 Likes

I am annoyed that the reason Japanese beef prices are at an all time low and I can’t go to Japan to visit the in laws are the same one.

6 Likes

my wife and i purchased a little booklet of 24 carat gold leaf and had it incorporated into the decoration of the cake we ordered for my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary. it was striking.

wrapping a steak with it? hard pass.

7 Likes

At least they made it “convenient” by adding the nearly $900 tip.

3 Likes

Of course they do. They want to enjoy their meal.

1 Like

I’m still not 100% that I can leave the country and come back (last year I definitely could not). And I’m a permanent resident. But at least I can get that sweet, sweet beef!

2 Likes