Have you got any of this 'Brady Bunch' memorabilia? HGTV needs your help

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/21/have-you-got-any-of-this-bra.html

“Brady” houses in the news a bunch recently.

1 Like

If I had anything that resembled the set decor of the Brady Bunch it would cost HGTV a pretty penny to take it from me. I am Gen X. I love my Brady nostalgia.

4 Likes

Strange that the site is blocked for users outside of the USA

yeah, me too. i would definitely only LEASE it to them. no outright sale! : )

There was an area of the Brady kitchen set that bugged me as a kid. It’s an alcove on the right side, brick wall in the foreground and on the rear side, behind which is the exit. Never clear what is in there.

1 Like

A Brady Bunch thinny? Who knows where it could lead.

1 Like

I assume you mean the thing to the left of the oven? Looks like some sort of indoor grill.

Oh, nice! I’ve either never seen a short from that angle before, or the resolution of the TV sets I watched the show on (in B&W!) wasn’t good enough to show any details.

1 Like

I always thought that’s where Alice lived. Maybe I’m wrong?

3 Likes

The laundry room is back there. See the episode where Bobby puts an entire box of laundry detergent in the machine.

OMG, did I just remember that?

3 Likes

That’s exactly where it happened. You’re right. I didn’t even have to see the screenshot to remember that.

yes - but he’s really inquiring about the recess - some kind of barb-b-que pit. Something only some fancy pants architect would have in their house.

2 Likes

I am eager to see this show. Like most Gen Xers, I can probably map out the floorplan of the Brady house from memory.

Also what are they going to do with the attic? In an early episode, Carol (when Greg is tired of rooming with his brothers) suggests that Greg can live in the attic. Mike scoffs, and tells her that that would be great… if Greg were 3 feet tall. The assumption is that (like most SoCal houses) the attic is nothing more than a crawlspace. Greg ends up moving into Mike’s den.

It’s not until later that Greg moves into the attic… which is by then conveniently full-sized.

3 Likes

Skeletons. Skeletons are in there.

2 Likes

I’d bet the Brady and/or Schwartz kids traded these for weed.

1 Like

That’s where they kept the pantry gimp.

1 Like

I just barely recall that Alice had a room off of the kitchen.

There likely an entire thriving fandom which tries to plot out the exact layout of the Brady house, and maybe has holy wars over two competing floor plans, one of which depends on the later Brady series.

Mom always said “Don’t play ball in the house.”

1 Like

oh you have no idea…

2 Likes