Having seen a movie, Herschel Walker no longer wants to be a vampire and is now on team werewolf

1 Like

Walker needs a brain diaper.

3 Likes

Lycans

On the other hand, maybe calling them Lycans avoids some etymological problems. :thinking:

Wif

23 Likes

He should have saved everyone the headache and decided to be a film/tv critic instead of a senator

3 Likes

Not sure that is what brain drain means…

4 Likes

Now the GQP can add CTE to the list of things they don’t believe are real, along with trans people, climate change, and voting rights. Neat!

5 Likes

Frustrating for the writers of the Onion.

16 Likes

Clearly he hasn’t seen Blade yet.

8 Likes

His comments have been taken out of context to seem super-crazy, but he ostensibly had a point in (badly) recounting the narrative of this horror movie he saw, and I can’t figure out what it was.

In the actual European folklore, “vampires” and “werewolfs” were often interchangeable. Or different stages (living/undead) of the same thing.

There’s an alternative etymology where “were” (also?) comes from “varg” (wolf). (The “g” isn’t really voiced, so it’s “var”.) So yes, it would be “wolf-wolf” but “varg” was often used to describe criminals and supernatural, evil wolves, and vargulf (wolf-wolf) is a Northern European word for dangerous wolves… (The French for werewolf is “loup-garou” which means, essentially, wolf-werewolf, with “garou” from “gar-ulf,” which takes us down a recursive rabbit hole.)

3 Likes

He’s already team zombie.

Animated GIF

9 Likes

That still remains the most awesome/clever moment of the whole series.

1 Like

Ohhh. Band name alert!

4 Likes

In italian it’s lupo mannaro, not sure what mannaro means actually.

1 Like

#teamJacob FTW!!!

1 Like

Beware the Lycrathropes!

Edit for alternate Lycrathope illustration.

6 Likes

It’s Fright Night or its remake apparently.

5 Likes

It’s all about the importance of faith. You see, apparently at some point somebody tries to stop a vampire with a cross and it doesn’t work because they don’t have faith. And isn’t everything like that? Well, Walker thinks it is, to the point where it’s worth a long rambling digression to give as an example.

6 Likes

In italian it’s lupo mannaro, not sure what mannaro means actually.
Derives from latin lupus hominarius man-like wolf. so mannaro means were.

4 Likes

I want to stop listening to this, but I can’t. Why?! And it’s so long!

Edit: good thing I didn’t stop, it becomes pretty epic from minute 5 forward. Looks like I’m going to go listen to more Hawkwind now.

3 Likes

Sorry.

4 Likes