Having seen a movie, Herschel Walker no longer wants to be a vampire and is now on team werewolf

“So, I don’t want to be a senator anymore,” Walker added, without further context. “I want to be a werewolf.”

There, fixed it.

6 Likes

What a great film.

2 Likes

Ezekiel 37 Army : Hawkwind - Masters Of The Universe - FULL ALBUM
space ritual on Tumblr
A Conversation with Princess Valhalla Hawkwind - Oh No They Didn't!

4 Likes

I think he actually said it was Fright Night (although he might have manged that, too) - I’m just not sure what he was trying to get at by recounting a mangled version of the plot, though.

Ahhhh. He left that bit out. He got so stuck in recounting various elements of the plot, and describing how the holy symbols didn’t work, he forgot the bit about how, in the movie, they required faith to work. He was building up to that, but never got there - he immediately jumped to talking about having faith in the real world. Making it a big, weird discursion that ultimately completely failed to support the point he was trying to make.

5 Likes

Nobody is voting for him because they were entranced by his oratory skills.

4 Likes

You’re never too old to figure out where you stand on the whole vampires versus werewolves issue.

7 Likes
2 Likes

i thought a senator was supposed to represent all their constituents regardless of curse or creed

13 Likes

11 Likes

No, he didn’t. It’s at about the 2:06 mark. He says something like “that’s just like in real life. It don’t work unless you got faith.”

1 Like

He did leave out that faith makes it work in the movie though, despite that being the point. It reads an awful lot like saying crosses simply don’t work on vampires.

2 Likes

Ok. This whole story, frankly, is stupid. There are a million things to criticize Walker on. This isn’t one of them. I live with someone with undiagnosed ADHD, and she tells stories exactly like Walker does here. Constantly getting sidetracked, but not using any transitional phrasing to clue people in to the fact that they got sidetracked from the main story. I’m used to this. The stuff about the werewolves? That’s what that was. He was telling a story about a vampire movie, and that made him think about vampires being cool and that made him think about werewolves, and then he got back to the story. And then he transitioned right before the payoff of the end of the story into the real world point he wanted to make. I hate Herschel Walker. He’s not a good person. But this? This is the most I’ve been able to understand of any of his speeches. This was actually semi-coherent. Shit, whoever is running his campaign should be celebrating that this is what everyone is focused on now, instead of his horrible (or nonexistent really) policy ideas, his treatment of women and his own children, and his hypocrisy concerning abortion.

…All I did was explain why someone would easily be confused, as many were.

But if you want my take, his point that faith is what really matters is a terrible one. And it does seem kind of funny that he made a long rambling speech about werewolves that barely touched on it, but I guess that is the left doing it wrongTM as always. Because we definitely aren’t paying attention to the other things too. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

But most people aren’t criticizing that. They’re criticizing the rambling nature of his speech. I am not both sidesing this shit. But this is a distraction from valid criticism, which may very well be the purpose of this speech.

Wait, is this bad speech – because it is, and I think that’s a valid thing to point out! – the result of him getting off track, or is it a deliberate distraction?

I remember this nonsense with things like covfefe. “You fools laughing at this, now everyone will forget Trump is a fascist”. Except nobody actually forgot, things don’t work like that. But some of us did get deeply discouraged at the tone policing.

4 Likes

I wanna be both.

3 Likes

Picture the kinds of conversations he’d have with other Senators. Please don’t let this guy get elected.

1 Like

I mean, I’ve sat through the salad of more than one preacher-type with a less-coherent style in my earlier life, and most of them were considered good/engaging speakers…

1 Like

But he jumped straight from describing the movie - and notably leaving that element of the movie out - into in real life you need faith. Which is hilarious because he spent so much time on this stupid story, and got so caught up in all the irrelevant details (which is why they were so easy to take out of context because the context is essentially him just gibbering on endlessly about vampires and werewolves) and he still failed to make the point he was aiming for.

2 Likes

Walker is playing 9th dimensional chess now?
I’m not seeing it.
And in my opinion, any regular old human, neurodivergent or otherwise, should not be criticized for the way they speak. Unless, perhaps, they’re vying for a job where clear communication is key. Like, if he was hired as press secretary, would you find the criticism so off base?
And if someone is running for one of the highest offices in the land it’s totally fair to look at how they present themselves and their ideas and ask if they seem fit for the job. :woman_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes