'He did nothing wrong,' WH Press Sec. Sarah Sanders says on Trump, 'There are no charges against him.'

It looks like we may get to test this in relatively short order, because the dumb fuck just can’t keep his stupid mouth shut.

15 Likes

I’m worried that if I point out there are actually two of you, you’ll challenge your other self to a fight to the death. That said, I hope you win.

17 Likes

That’s what happens when journalists like Ainsley Earhardt ask the hard-hitting questions!

2 Likes

Not two; merely different sides of the exact same coin, or like how the sun only shines on one side of the earth at a time…

But thanks for noticing.

12 Likes

tumblr_pctgcvyyxZ1r3aa23o1_540

18 Likes

If you had been paying attention to the Flat-Earthers, you’d know that the Earth only HAS one side.

2 Likes

No no no…it’s shaped like a COIN.

8 Likes

Ma, Ma, Where’s my Pa? Gone to the White House, Ha, Ha, Ha.

I think of myself as being in favor of personal and sexual privacy, but privacy is a complicated set of norms and expectations. In the real world it can be hard to say where the lines are.

No one’s worked longer or harder to make a public spectacle of Trump’s sex life than Trump has. The image of a louche, cocksure, charming, irresistible, promiscuous playboy is an important component of the modern strong-man cult-of-personality paradigm he’s operating under. Compare with Berlusconi or Duterte. Their extremely public attitudes about and their relationships with women are part of their appeal, it’s why their supporters trust them.

Even if you put the recent recipients of hush money aside, it’s been public knowledge that Trump’s last two marriages started as affairs. That is, he engaged in activities that could result in an out-of-wedlock pregnancy, but he supports criminal punishment of women who seek abortions, and he’s been appointing the sort of reactionary judges that could make it happen.

That whole package of circumstances isn’t so convincingly just “what happens in the bedroom of consenting adults” anymore.

The upper echelons of the federal government are full of well-off, high-status people who do a lot of traveling; there are probably a thousand adulterous assignations you haven’t heard of for every one you have heard of. The media has a part in this but they aren’t doing it alone.

9 Likes

I’m still waiting for those people to fall off “the edge…”

4 Likes

Back to your mop internet warrior.

12 Likes

Sure, but a coin that, effectively only has one side because it’s accelerating upwards, and nobody’s ever proven the existence of the bottom side.

5 Likes

Touché! I know when I’ve been beaten at cryptoastronomy. Sad.

5 Likes

“accessory to…”. There are so many laws, there must be SOMETHING she can be charged with…
There is also absolutely no way she can plead ignorance. America just deported its last official Nazi, I see no reason why there should be any time limit on her knowing collaboration with any number of crimes.

Yeah.

Like Manigault-Newman, I don’t have much sympathy for Mrs Trump - she willing made her own bed and then enthusiastically leapt into it. Yet I can’t help wondering what Melania’s response would be were she asked the same question as Huckabee-Sanders. I suspect the words she chose wouldn’t be “he did nothing wrong, there are no charges against him.”

4 Likes

Sheeeeiiit

5 Likes

Which makes it even odder that Trumpty-Dumpty tried to silence the ones he had relationships with. Best free publicity for his ‘strength’, for a certain segment of his base.

2 Likes

not caring

11 Likes

A politician who is willing to pay hush money to cover up what he does in the bedroom is—almost by definition—a politician who is vulnerable to blackmail.

23 Likes

I’m sure his DOJ will get right on that…

2 Likes

Holy shit! It’s a disc shaped one dimensional solid? Or is it Moebius earth? I’m having a really hard time wrapping my brain around this one.

4 Likes