He thinks he's going to lose! Trump says U.S. Presidential election "could be rigged"

No. No, I do not. I’ve seen enough of that site to last a lifetime. That these douchebags (as if I have to delineate: Stone/trump/Manafort) would even try to gin up violence in support of their malnourished and malevolent campaign is the final turd in that particular punchbowl.

5 Likes

Representative Richard Hanna, Republican of New York, broke ranks with his party to endorse Hillary Clinton for president on Tuesday, denouncing Donald J. Trump’s attacks on the Muslim parents of a soldier killed in Iraq and calling Mr. Trump “unfit to serve.”

Mr. Hanna has long said he would not support Mr. Trump in the general election. By throwing his support to Mrs. Clinton, he becomes the first Republican member of Congress to go beyond disavowing Mr. Trump, and join forces with the Democrats against him.

Hurray! A sane Republican. Maybe he’ll be some help next year, if Trump is el…

Mr. Hanna, who is retiring from Congress at the end of his term, has been a maverick within the Republican Party since his election in 2010.

Well, drat.

7 Likes

I’ve worried for some time about which response to losing the election he might choose. The least dangerous response would be a “Yeah, it was fun, but I totally would’ve won if I’d really been trying.” The accusation of a rigged election is neither surprising, nor really all that damaging outside of his die-hard supporters. My big fear is that after losing he would then claim what conservative conspiracy theorists posited at the beginning: that he was really working to get Hillary elected. The ridiculousness of the claim would be totally lost on the sort of voter who believes in “2nd Amendment remedies.”

3 Likes

I’m baffled when anyone has to clarify their own honesty…

9 Likes

Yet he does it ALL. The. TIME.

Believe me.

Trust me.

I have to tell ya…

11 Likes

What kinda’ person does that, I wonder…

10 Likes

A narcissistic sociopath who makes a habit of manipulating others for his own gain, maybe?

16 Likes

And someone who’s been a grifter for half a century. That’s a confidence artist’s patter.

12 Likes

To call another candidate “The Devil” is unprecedented in predominantly-Christian America, where locals often place deep stock in religious traditions.

Sure - traditions that USians have appropriated from the near/middle east.

5 Likes

The next time some Jehovah’s Witnesses come by I’m totally going to accuse them of cultural appropriation.

11 Likes

I apply it to anyone whose traditions were imported from another area, or in this case, another continent. What’s wrong with the religious traditions of the Americas?

The same can be said of me, as I am a Tantrika/Yogi - but I at least strive to be aware of this process rather than being ignorant of it.

this is donald j,'s way of conceding not because the election is rigged but because he has riled up his supporters about the election being rigged. when he loses in november he may not concede which will send his supporters into the streets because they believe the election is rigged. donald j. is a cunning malevolent genius.

2 Likes

That’s the same thing I thought of during the birther fracas in 2010. (Well, maybe a 5th grade bully.) The demands for the birth certificate reminded me of nothing so much as a playground bully taunting, “you’re not even a dude, I’ll bet! Why don’t you pull down your pants and prove it?!” That was more than 6 years ago and I wondered then (and for that matter, earlier) why someone so unworthy of regard received so much of it. (Same for the non-Python Terry Jones.)

5 Likes

His tiny hands can hold a tiny handkerchief to cry into…

9 Likes

In all fairness, I’m unaware of Kennedy ever asking the Pope to interfere (in the 1960 election or otherwise).

Just to ice the cake, Diebold is based in Ohio.

Also:

3 Likes

I’m not even sure that will matter. He’ll just respond to her with something like “so what?! You’re stupid!” Anything’s possible when you don’t know what you’re doing and I’m not sure how HRC would prepare for that (though I have to assume it’s occurred to her and/or her team).

But that’ll be good enough, for some.

Hey, it worked for W in his debates with Al Gore.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I heard about it via BB (probably the forum, at that).

…Except the votes for Trump are actually for electors pledged to Trump; plenty of room for maneuvering by the party there, since the electors’ votes are the only ones that count.