'HE WON' — Trump admits election loss to Biden on Twitter

Oh, man… :laughing::joy::smiley:

8 Likes

It doesn’t work so well when you don’t have Javascript running

7 Likes

“I’m not racist, but… that NY real estate con man is really putting me in my feels!”

6 Likes

they promised 3% growth! which of course never happened. the tax cuts bought a momentary sugar high, and gdp grew on average what it did during obama’s second term.

it annoys me to no end that - presumably seeking both sides “balance” - so many news organizations repeat the lie that trump was good for economy

10 Likes

Dumber than him.

Dumber than him.

Yep:

Every interview I see with Trump supporters, every Trump supporter I actually know, there’s a commonality: they wanted Trump to hurt people. Their preferred targets varied, but that’s ultimately why they voted for him. They’re absolutely going to move to something more horrible (if that’s possible).

Yeah, it was totally an accidental admission, which doesn’t really get us anywhere. All it really does is give us a little insight into what’s going on in his head (though he’s not really complicated enough we couldn’t figure that out).

That was Trump in 2016. There was some question at the time which has been resolved by information that’s come to light since: he didn’t want to win. He was both shocked and dismayed when he won. The problem is, once actually in office, his ego wouldn’t allow him to leave…

The really disturbing bit for me is that he did convince his supporters that he had done (some/all of) those things. I remember reading an interview with a woman, only a couple weeks after the election, talking about how pleased her family was with their “Trumpcare” health plan. Trump had promised that the minute he was in office, he’d have a new healthcare plan, so she just assumed it had happened, and instantly, like he promised. Plenty of people think Trump brought back manufacturing (when the opposite actually happened). Etc.

Unfortunately this, I think, is what the GOP have learned - it doesn’t matter what you do, what your policies actually are, if you can convince a bunch of no-information voters you did the opposite. But this was already true for them, and has increasingly been true for years - someone did a bit of research that showed if you ask people what the GOP policies are, they’ll give you answers at odds with reality. If you describe actual GOP policies, people will actively disbelieve you as the real policies are so incredibly unpopular, even among Republican voters.

The political division in the US has been reduced to this - one party operating in the real world, another whose representatives and voters are absolutely not. I don’t know how we function as a society, moving forward.

Well, much of it was open - sabotaging the postal system was a big part of this (which thankfully didn’t entirely work once courts got involved and voters realized what was going on), there’s the long-standing efforts to disenfranchise Democratic-leaning demographics in many states (with voter ID laws, etc.), removal of ballot drop-off points (Texas ended up with one per county, so you had counties larger than Delaware, counties with millions of people, with one drop-off location), you had various Facebook shenanigans (e.g. Facebook charging the Biden campaign higher rates for ads), underfunded polls in minority neighborhoods resulting in 6+ hour waits to vote, more Russian interference, etc. etc.

So yeah, it’s projection (again) on the part of Republicans, and they really expected it all would work.

I’m sure it will, in many respects, even if he doesn’t run in 2024 like he’s threatening to do. But more than that, the Republican party runs on the (false) sense of grievance of its white, heterosexual, Christian base. They’re trying to fuel that, convince them that yet again that thing that is “theirs by right” has been stolen from them. It’s key to their survival - they don’t have anything else.

14 Likes

oh, man… gullible old me!
I just rolled right into that one!
well played.
cheap, but well played!

7 Likes

It’s all complete horseshit.

But it doesn’t matter.

We’ve entered the stage where people are so primed that it doesn’t matter how patently ridiculous the claim is, it’s the source that matters, not the content or truth of the matter.

Flat earth, vaccines causing autism, the orange shitgibbon’s tweets…

two plus two equals five because dear leader said so…

5 Likes

Fire is still hot, water is still wet and gravity still brings us all down; all the delusion in the world will never change that.

12 Likes

Except, what you do need is the infrastructure to collect the marks’ voters’ money and the political machine to do all the tedious grunt work.

Which is why Trump took over the hollowed out corpse of the GOP and is now wearing it as a suit rather than setting up a party of his own or running as an independent.

7 Likes

Fire is still hot, and water is still wet to you and all other thinking beings.

To tRump supporters it’s not if the bossman says not, and they’ll go to their graves believing it.

We can show them all the facts. Experts (and the majority) can present a billion facts showing how egregiously wrong they are.

But it will all be “fake news” if their orange idol says so.

An interesting experiment in how mind creates reality to say the least…

I’m not sure that there’s any way to get to these people. But then again, I’ve never been involved in a cult, and don’t know much about how people get deprogrammed so their reality matches the commonly accepted one.

5 Likes

I made the mistake of starting to check all of Trumps Twitter on a daily basis. In the past people like David Pakman would alert me to the most egregious stuff. But considering this guy could touch off stochastic terrorist, I figured I should be in the loop.

Sigh… maybe I can rest easier after December 18th? January 20th? Never?

3 Likes

Incorrect.

If a 45 supporter sticks his hand in a fire, that hand will get burnt; no matter whether the supporter denies the pain, the physical damage and the smell of burnt skin.

That refusal to acknowledge reality will not make reality any less of a fact.

(Please note that this is NOT an incitement to go lighting 45’s supporters on fire.)

10 Likes

I once had an argument with a retaining wall. When I regained consciousness…
Let’s just say that which does not kill us hurts like a sunuva moose the next morning.

I was born into a cult. The way I was deprogrammed was via an immense amount of factual, non-biased information from outside of the cult echo chamber. That’s to say, lot’s and lot’s of newspapers from all over the place and a (I think the technical term is) shit-ton of domestic and international documentaries. Their worst mistake was teaching me to read.

7 Likes

12 Likes

14 Likes

It was more like this.

12 Likes

Are we to the bargaining phase?

1 Like

Me:

6 Likes

I voted today. There was a problem with the e-card app but I still easily found by googling that my voting place hasn’t changed, got an Uber, showed my id, pressed the buttons on the urna eletrônica, heard the pililim and got it done with in about 10 seconds. It wasn’t crowded, masks were obligatory and people kept their distance in line.

Poll closed by 5pm, I will know who won tonight.

Meanwhile North America is still counting ballots and listening to the orange one.

You guys have the worst electoral system I have ever seen 🤦

3 Likes

The left wing have been saying that’s what will happen for years. It’s no great surprise if you look at the history of political movements.

8 Likes