'HE WON' — Trump admits election loss to Biden on Twitter

2 Likes

Hm. Looks like people with a stake in the system don’t want to destroy it just to suit Trump. (And I still think that the Supreme Court wouldn’t be okay with that. They could never overturn Roe v Wade if they bring the down the whole government.)

11 Likes

That’s because it’s the first “modern” one. We have the model T of electoral systems. We are fortunate to even have gotten rid of the 3/5ths bullshit, got women voting and reduced the age to 18. Yet here we are, still struggling to get above 35 mph.

8 Likes

In Trumpism, you can be labeled “radical left” for not being fascist enough.

18 Likes

Obama oversaw the fastest sustained economic growth in US history. It was beginning to slow down by the end of his second term, and if you look at the economic indicators that don’t include the stock market, it continued to slow through the first 3 years of the Trump administration until it hit the inflection point in Dec. 2019. Trump cut taxes, continued (unnecessarily) quantitative easing, and dropped interest rates to stupid-low levels. We’re going to pay for all of that, sooner rather than later. And he still crashed the economy.

15 Likes

I remember the original Million Man March in 1995 was ridiculed by critics because it “only” brought somewhere between 400,000–800,000 people to D.C. depending on whose estimates one was going by. Yet even the lower estimates would seem to be a couple orders of magnitude more than the MAGA folks turned out.

11 Likes

An old America First tradition. See “premature anti-fascists”.

6 Likes

Dear Mister Trump, kick rocks with out socks or safety shoe foot ware ppe

Ya lame arse git.

2 Likes

It doesn’t get really stupid until after the “midterms”

The next two years of anxiety will be about Congress instead of about the White House

6 Likes

We call it the permanent campaign.

4 Likes

As an observer of American politics:

As a Canuck:

4 Likes

that didn’t last long:

He only won in the eyes of the FAKE NEWS MEDIA. I concede NOTHING! We have a long way to go. This was a RIGGED ELECTION!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 15, 2020
5 Likes

The optimal solution, given the lack of campaign spending limits.

2 Likes

My recollection is that being a candidate gave him certain rights (perhaps regarding libel or slander, more likely the right to impose non-disclosure agreements) that he wouldn’t have as plain ol" sitting POTUS (nor even as game show host). I suspect he did not come up with this strategy by himself

3 Likes

Snopes did a story on that. Pretty much, no.

4 Likes

He’s right. Once this all settles down, we will find out that Biden won by a lot more than we thought!

5 Likes

a good article on trump following the Fascist model:

5 Likes

9 Likes

Of course he did. I’m surprised you even asked.

2 Likes

This one’s dedicated to my man Joe.