Hear these breakfast sausages cry for mercy as they are cooked

That’s the true horror here. It looks like a mangled Teflon coating, so the best bet would be to throw that pan away.

3 Likes

Several people here have taken this partway (“The horror! The horror!”) but I guess it falls to me to complete the phrase:

“Exterminate all the brats!”

Update: added link.

4 Likes

Let’s test that out on your immune system first.

That’s how you know they’re fresh.

2 Likes

Haha, they sound just like my neighbours kids did.

4 Likes

It’s always interesting to me the things a person inadvertently reveals about themselves and their lives in online videos and pictures. This person was so anxious to show us squealing sausages that they didn’t think about how they might be portrayed as a slob due to dirty kitchen tools.

100% true and some scientists categorize them as pathogens even though they fall outside the traditional definition (virus, bacteria, microorganism with genetic code).

Never gets old:

vrg

9 Likes

… when you cooked them? :thinking:

2 Likes

That sound hardly compares to what happens after someone eats the zombie sausages!

1 Like

I think it’s even worse than that. That looks like a Teflon nightmare on top of being filthy.

1 Like

I’m surprised nobody has posted this one yet:

15 Likes

Pork Whiners!

{rimshot}

2 Likes

Apparently, it takes a dirty pan to deflect complaints about vertical video.

9 Likes

That pan is fine. Yeah…it’s covered with baked on carbon. But that’s a lot better than the Aluminum surface it had in it’s original state. Using a brillo pad on that would remove the carbon. If you want to go completely pedantic, the Aluminum surface scoured by a brillo pad would release micro quantities of Aluminium into your food which has been suspect dietary element for brain disease and Alzheimer’s.

If you guys ever walked in to a normal professional kitchen…you’d have to upgrade your OCD meds

The pan isn’t “Dirty” or Bacterial ladden…it’s just covered with carbon.
A good wok is like that also.

Seriously, just stay out of the kitchen and stick to making webpages and talking about databases.

3 Likes

Um, no… or at least I’m quite sure not.
That’s a coated pan that has lost some of it’s coating (probably “Silverstone”).
I’ve many like it. I’ve previously coated pans that are 40 years old.
My pans mostly make people happy and have never made anyone sick.

It looks like it might have a good season on it too.

Prions? Really.
Are we talking about the Pan here are the entire concept of eating animal meat?

Because it appears you’re trying to mis charaterizes a ‘dirty pan’ with a pathogen that originates in brains of squirlls and ‘and mad cow’

No matter what the state of the pan. Saying “Prions” would take up a civilization and reproduce on the pan as a pathogen… there on the pan is misleading and misinformed from a scientific point of view.
If you ate something with Prions…that ship has sailed.

Prions do not live on cooking surfaces. Don’t tell lies.
https://www.cdc.gov/prions/cjd/infection-control.html

4 Likes

Thats exactly what I thought on first viewing.
I own a similar pan…it’s much cleaner tho. But it’s still Aluminum and I rather cringe scrubbing it with a brillo pad…which introduces micro fissures etc.

I still it use it occasionally for sauces etc…or shallow frying oil things. good heat transfer.
But I think it’s this standard pan…like the one I have. With an additional handle on the other end (something I look for in a sauce pan of this type).

Did the guy bolt on the second handle himself?

Oh you can look at other models. Just a shallow search for pans.
Tho…still the suggestions to brillo it if it’s teflon pan is stupid. That just releases more teflon crap.
It’s really rather difficult to tell if the pan pictured it’s Aluminium or Teflon coated or even just well used steel. But I’d only care if it was teflon coated with scrappy bits of teflon in the food.
A seasoned Aluminum pan…I wouldn’t care (unless you’re using tomato or high acid food).

Tho the pan does look like a high quality pan with rivets that go through the pan instead of simply spot welded on …a lower quality pan will have the handle just spot welded on…and not a FULL PENETRATION rivet that goes through the pan.

There’s a little ‘shelf’ around the bottom surface…which to me seems impractical.
However…it might be English thing for using a insert in the pan to steam things with a small bit of water and then finish them with frying.

Is that a english thing? Or something odd about this pan.

That shelfyness to which you refer would prevent me from buying this pan.
The coating would not. I always buy coated pans.
Cast iron is for righty.