"Heavily drunk" U.S. passenger bites a flight attendant, forcing plane to land in Tokyo

Originally published at: "Heavily drunk" U.S. passenger bites a flight attendant, forcing plane to land in Tokyo - Boing Boing

2 Likes

Wow, it would really suck to be on a flight where someone got so out of line that they had to turn the flight back, and not just for whoever was directly impacted by the behavior. If they were an hour into the flight, that means another hour flight back, so now about 20% of the fuel required for the flight is gone, presumably necessitating a refueling… I wonder how long the flight ended up being delayed.

9 Likes

It’d be good if everyone who was inconvenienced could rebook flights and charge it to the zombie cosplayer.

11 Likes

Maybe he was auditioning for Documental? Is it Zombie Time?

1 Like

sunk

sank

5 Likes

“Mock horror”? Fuck those people, all of which I’d wager are men.

1 Like

sonk

4 Likes

It’s worse than that - they may have had to dump fuel to land. (No idea what the threshold is for that but we hear about it often enough.)

3 Likes

Spode.

oh - sorry - that’s just nouns, isn’t it. Oops :wink:

1 Like

Spode is a noun :smile:

3 Likes

So if the plural of Spode were to be disputed it would have to be Spodepodes? :wink:

4 Likes

I sudpose it would :thinking:

6 Likes

I’d expect this on Ryanair or Wizz - but not on ANA.

I hope this guy is banned from every airline in both the US and Japan; sued by his victim and the airline; and then forced to publicly apologise Japanese-fashion[1].

[1] Doesn’t need to be seppuku - it’s really messy to mop up afterwards, no one thinks ever about the cleaners.

2 Likes

The costs to the airline alone must be pretty staggering - the extra fuel, the lost time, the need to reschedule flights… when you factor in the losses to other passengers, it would get insane.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.