Heavy Ecstasy Parking Lot: Ravers the day after a massive rave in 1993

When people fart, they’re not doing it for my pleasure either, but when it stinks, it stinks.

Dancing is much more fun than critiquing other people’s dancing.

5 Likes

I love dancing. I also love, style, grace, and creativity. Rave dancers just flop around. Critiquing art and creating art are both valid pursuits, and not mutually exclusive.

That’s great. Now if you would go and find a rave dancer who gives a fuck about your critique…

5 Likes

I’m sure they are too busy grinding their teeth, and ‘dancing’ to give a fuck about much of anything else. That’s kind of the point, isn’t it?

Exactly. You aren’t the audience to the dancing. You’re just an observer. And a shitty unappreciative one at that.

The art is serving its own purpose.

Why must you try to denigrate and criticize someone else’s expression of joy? It makes you seem like a bitter and petty little person who’s forgotten that if they don’t like what they see, nobody’s forcing them to watch.

3 Likes

Yes, no one should ever point out the obvious about something that they weren’t forced to watch, as long as the people doing the thing enjoyed it. Of course. How did I not see that?

You want the obvious pointed out?

@Nagurski comments are the shittiest comments.

There we go.

4 Likes

Jesus. Sorry if getting wasted and shaking your ass isn’t graceful enough for you. Most all of humanity would disagree, you know.

3 Likes

I think NYC phone boxes should be repurposed for stoned dancing. As long as it’s consensual for all involved.

3 Likes

Art is a form of play and invites critique only typically whenever its creator or admirers claim that it’s important. Telling someone who is dancing for the pure fun of it that they suck at dancing is like telling a five year-old that their sand castle sucks.

4 Likes

No good; there isn’t enough room for me to loutishly windmill my limbs a half beat off time. How am I meant to create art like that? Resistance of the medium is all very well, but I mean, really.

1 Like

I’m not out after anyone, or trying to squelch their buzz. No one needs to take it personally. I was just observing how crap the dancing of people who are wired on MDMA and it’s derivatives is. It looks ridiculous to me. I’m sure everyone has had lots of good times and bonding experiences with their friends while tripping. They also look like fucked marionettes. Again, not mutually exclusive.

Oh, dear.

Heh, so true. Psilocin revives an adult’s inner child in so many ways: unrestrained creativity, unassuming sociability, a renewed sense of otherness and wonder, and the fine motor control of, well, a child.

1 Like

Dance like no one’s looking.

One love.

9 Likes

If you don’t like those kid’s dancing, I’m sure you’ll just puke on yourself watching this. Although I find it rather endearing and relatable.

1 Like

So your point is that…it’s more crap than other kinds of dancing that are exactly the same?

Or are you trying to compare the entire concept of freeform dancing to, like, ballroom dancing or square dancing or something? I’m confused.

5 Likes

Worse than emo dancing?

3 Likes

Um… fuck you, that not emo. Thats goth, REAL “goth”.

4 Likes