Hell cruise: 20 people ordered to leave ship after brawl

heh…

well, maurice is a lad’s film, after all.

1 Like

I have… Absolutely no idea what, where, who, when or why anything is happening in this comic. But not in the fun surrealist way, more like the “Uhhh - what?” way. Just FYI.

1 Like

Human beings are so awesome.
When we’re not sending machines into outer space and striving to build more intelligent computer systems, we’re literally trying to beat people to death over the clothes that they choose to wear - or not wear.

We don’t make them like that any more! Whatever happened to the disaster movies with the all-star casts?

1 Like

Well, for years I was sure Jimi was singing " 'scuse me while I kiss this guy."

1 Like

Maybe somebody tried to use a thong as underwear?

(Also: I had no idea 3AW still existed)

Just over a week ago I saw some friends off on an anniversary cruise from here to Auckland. When this story broke I was nervous for them, until I found the name of the ship (they were on a Cunard).

Anything cruise-related reminds me of this:

2 Likes

They discovered it was cheaper to just employ the Rock and leave it at that. :wink:

So, what you’re telling me is that you have read all of Grant Morrison’s
work then?

Anyway, it’s sort of a Ballardian thing were this big cruise ship for the
super rich reaches a tipping point where there are too many people on board
and due to addition of one other person everyone goes crazy and starts
fighting killing eating etc. etc. each other.

The filth, a secret organization devoted to keeping reality running
basically by assassinating and imprisoning anyone messing with reality
comes in to fix the situation

It is of course much more complicated than I have just described.

#notmyactionhero

1 Like

When 007 became 010.

Think about it.

3 Likes

Or this? Thong Cruise.

tc_

1 Like

All work and no play makes Jack swim with the sharks.

A “brawling family” really illustrates the major problem I have with cruises: not only are you trapped on a big floating mini-mall, you’re trapped there with a bunch of other yahoos.

Whatayagonnado? Jump overboard? Stay in port and miss your ride home? Nope, you lock yourself in your room. Great vacation, honey.

At least in a normal hotel you can leave for the day, go to some tourist attraction miles away.

1 Like

Between that and the norovirus risk, going on a sea cruise doesn’t sound like a good time to me. I’d be far more interested in a river cruise, particularly if it stops in cities along the way with overnight hotel stays, or better yet, a full day in major cities. I’d essentially want to arrange it as a series of day cruises, perhaps not even on the same boat or with the same people.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.