Here are Quentin Tarantino's 40 favorite movies of all time

Originally published at: Here are Quentin Tarantino's 40 favorite movies of all time | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Surprisingly mainstream.

1 Like

Unsurprisingly there are zero films by a woman director.

edit: I was wrong. Sorry.

“The Matrix”

Tarantino is not a fan of the two “Matrix” sequels (“They ruined the mythology for me,” he said in a video interview), but he holds the original 1999 movie in high regard. The director named the Wachowski sibling’s breakout blockbuster one of the best titles released since he’s been directing.

3 Likes

Surprised there are a few on the list I haven’t seen. Maybe it’s time I got around to There Will be Blood.

2 Likes

Great catch, I missed that. Thanks for the correction. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Um, no mention of City on Fire? Ok.

1 Like

There were a few little gems, apart from the mainstream stuff.
I have never seen Sorcerer, 1977, although I do like Scheider, so I will look out for that.

1 Like

It’s a remake of The Wages of Fear which the world generally seemed to think was the better film, but I recall Sorcerer being pretty good too.

2 Likes

Hmm, I will seek it out sometime.
Don’t hold your breath, mind, I keep saying that about all the wonderful stuff I have missed in the past.

1 Like

They’re both great, but only one has a killer Tangerine Dream score!

1 Like

It’s so good.
I actually just lent my copy to a friend who’s been stuck without high speed internet for a while and needed some hard copies of movies to enjoy. I slid it in between the Futurama box set and Interstella 5555.

1 Like

Oh, now I have to watch it!

1 Like

Yes, yes and yes. I remember hanging out in my friend’s living room with that soundtrack booming out of the stereo.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.