Here are the 17 Republicans who refused to condemn QAnon in a House vote

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/05/here-are-the-17-republicans-who-refused-to-condemn-qanon-in-a-house-vote.html

7 Likes

“I’m koo-koo for Coco-Puffs!”

9 Likes

I was expected to see that moron Gohmert on the list. Disappointing.

10 Likes

not seeing Matt Goetz on there is also surprising.
Fully expected Gosar and (of course) King

10 Likes

Huh, Tom Tiffany, representing Wisconsin’s 7th, supports QAnon. Did I mention that one of the cities he represents, Hurley, WI, is a human trafficking hotspot? Not that I’m suggesting QAnon exists to provide cover for actual child traffickers…

19 Likes

But people are saying it. All the best people.

19 Likes

Maybe there’s a reason for one voting “present.”

Q is the 17th letter of the alphabet.

5 Likes

Maybe he’s getting tired of this part of the trial of humanity.

4 Likes

Would that be Gosar the Gosarian?

3 Likes

Imagine how many publicly voted to condemn, but don’t really think or act that way.

4 Likes

Who is the ‘independent’?
Sorry I am following US pol just enough so as not to provoke full-on vomiting sessions.
BTW when US backed Augusto Pinochet faked illness to prevent being sentenced, and then went back to Chile from his trial for Human Rights abuses, he got out of his wheelchair as soon as he got out of the plane and waved people 'as a show of strength".

Guess who that reminds me of ?

6 Likes

Justin Amash is the independent. He left the Republican Party last year and (while I don’t agree with him), he is not running for re-election and I believe he is the only one in the list who is not (at best) pandering to the Qultists. He made a Libertarian free speech argument for his vote.

I’m still rolling my eyes about it, though.

Edit: I grammar real good.

7 Likes

Gaetz and Gohmert are listed as NOT VOTING in the official record.

That would be Harris (R-MD).

4 Likes

Well there you have it folks. These are the aliens sent here to undermine humanity, paving the way for the future invasion. Vote them out and send a message.

3 Likes

Do these states alone have enough electoral votes to win the presidency? Because these idiots aren’t budging. God (or Q or whatever their imaginary makers are) don’t like science/reason!

2 Likes

Rob Bishop (UT) is a lame duck and should not be listened to.

2 Likes

Not QQ puffs?

1 Like

Dear World,

On behalf of Texans who are still in full custody of their ethics, sense of justice, moral duty, common decency etc., my friends and I apologize for the abundance of Texas Republicans who have refused to condemn the whole QAnon operation, top to bottom, including but not limited to the 17 mention in the OP.

It’s not easy keeping a grip on one’s moral compass amid people seem to have departed the path of reason–by choice–every day. No idea we were surrounded by so many. Maybe now they’ve been flushed out in the open, so I suppose I have “Q” to thank for that.

Just wanted y’all to know there’s still some of us who give a damn, and we do vote, even if our state politicians have gerrymandered the livin’ daylights outta each and every troublesome, decidedly not-republican district.

We are working the problem(s).
This ain’t over by a long chalk.

Thanks for bearing with us.

–some Texas folks who still have good batteries in their crap detectors

P.S. We already apologized for Rick Perry, George W. Bush, and Battlefield Earth in an earlier post. We’re still sorry.

ETA: grammar, lack of coffee

7 Likes

Thanks, I am educated in yet an aspect of US pol my constituent Quebecois couldn’t even be bothered to check out. Have a nice one and wishing your commander-in-chief stays positive. Or something similar.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.