Here are the 5 kinds of pandemic villains who are making things worse for the rest of us

I don’t think we do need them. They won’t change. What we can do is make them irrelevant.

8 Likes

Also it is not fleeing the country exactly. London and Balmoral are both in the UK.

We had friends and relations visiting who went back on the day of the announcement.

2 Likes
  1. Bigots and Racists who insist the virus was “engineered” or “constructed” as a weapon by somebody, and who uses this as an opportunity to foster anger and hatred.
    Examples: Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton, Rush Limbaugh.
9 Likes

Gonna be that guy, because that’s how I roll:

1. Finger pointers who call out “Deplorables!” to vent, earn bandwagon likes, or as clickbait.

I think that pointing fingers and vilification only serve to passively vent frustration, instead of actively turning it into useful action. Furthermore, it encourages “them” to galvanize together (as the persecuted party) and entrench in their existing beliefs. It supports a divisive “us vs. them” polarization, instead of empathetically trying to communicate, understand, or otherwise take a more enlightened approach which might actually be more likely to encourage some to consider changing their beliefs. I think until we culturally learn to drop the self-righteous brow-beating, we’re going to keep being our own worst enemy.

[/thatguy]

3 Likes

I read the whole thing, then “sportsball” mortally offended me, so I immediately forgot everything you wrote. Good day, sir.

/s

10 Likes

Why are these considered different categories?

Sportsball player Rudy Gobert, who intentionally touched reporters’ microphones after an interview, and later tested positive for coronavirus

Former Ms. Nevada State 2019 Katie Williams: “I just went to a crowded Red Robin and I’m 30. It was delicious, and I took my sweet time eating my meal. Because this is America. And I’ll do what I want.”

1 Like

Two likes so far. I gave you a third one to help you out.

6 Likes

I do believe the “C” word was invented for such morons

1 Like

Balmoral is in Scotland. That’s technically a different country. Even if the English royals would like to think it belongs to them

4 Likes

Then why are you pointing fingers?

14 Likes

Virtue signaling is a helluva drug…

12 Likes

10 Likes

As my grams used to say, when you point a finger at others, there are 4 fingers pointing back at you…

13 Likes

tumblr_p16urk2qpZ1vaqoiqo1_400

That’s different! He’s just telling it like it is!

12 Likes

Three, because my thumb is still pointing kinda forward

9 Likes

My thumb’s pointing at the person next to me, so maybe I can shift some blame…

/s

9 Likes

My family has a history of double-jointed thumbs, so we’ve got that going for us, which is nice.

9 Likes

Don’t worry, they’re not being serious.

1 Like

/

17 Likes

Not discounting the possibility that it was different when you commented, but when I look, it says “to” the country.

Combining comments for efficiency, I took ‘sportsball’ in this case to simply mean ‘I don’t care what sport this jerk is in,’ rather than ‘All sports look alike to me.’

1 Like