Here are the "horrific Biden scandals" in just his first 100 days, as pointed out by the GOP

My only quibble is that you got the cause and effect reversed: the media outlets come first, and the GOP lamely follows their lead.

2 Likes

Made it about halfway through, until the stupid burned me.

Applying cream and reminding myself to never watch Fox again, even highlights.

2 Likes

You forgot the tan suit (and Michelle’s bare arms). I don’t know how the pillars of Democracy didn’t crumble over that one.

5 Likes

I haven’t gone over and waded in their fevered swamps in search of the reasoning, but I’d guess it’s part of a broader claim that Biden isn’t communicating with the public, that it must he because he’s afraid of revealing that he’s senile, and so on.

Not, of course, that such a line of thinking accords with reality.

8 Likes

Before either of them, it’s the think tanks and creeps like Frank Luntz developing the talking points. Someone recently infiltrated and recorded a Luntz Zoom focus group investigating anti-vaxx sentiment amongst Biff’s supporters. In addition to the focus group subjects he had a non-wingnut doctor on, and Republican politicians were popping in and out to observe and see which messaging they could exploit. It was disgusting but fascinating.

3 Likes

I heard something in a friend’s car on NPR that was also on such a focus group, but the researchers were from the other side, trying to determine how to sway anti-vaxxers. Sounded like This American Life.

They tried a lot of approaches, but what seemed to finally get through was Chris Christie describing his own horrible experience with Covid.

3 Likes

Tweets: much presidential, so leadership.

Their daddy said so and that’s the precedent now. Diktat by driving trollies is their idea of government. The sick perverted fuckers.

6 Likes

Dijon on a burger instead of yellow mustard

3 Likes

The context of the complaints I’ve seen seems disconnected from communication issues - they seemed more upset that he was boring. It’s like they’re retroactively still trying to normalize Trump by pretending all the crazy shit he did was normal, but it also seems like we’re in the stage of Trumpism where his most egregious sins have now become virtues.

The Republican party is pathologically dysfunctional now. I think I feel even more frightened about the future of the country than I did when Trump was in office. When he was in power, he was just one guy, seemingly being grudgingly supported by his party, but now he’s out and they’ve all become Trump.

10 Likes

Doesn’t include dandeliongate:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.