Here are the "most sinful" cities in America

If you click to the linked article, DC is #25.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Ah - the Koch Brothers Koch Industries is based out of Wichita - maybe that’s part of it?

I mean, I don’t get back that that often, but it seems way more chill than KC, MO, which is 20th on the list!

2 Likes

Las Vegas resident here–are we considered sinful because of all the sinful acts committed by tourists??

5 Likes

Oh try studying for law school finals. You’ll latch onto anything to procrastinate and not study. I’m finding time to click on every fucking link. (Crim Pro…ugh)

9 Likes

I’m trying to figure out that one. I mean I’m not a Chicago resident anymore, although one of my partners and lots of friends live there, so I’m a frequent visitor. Lots of bars, lots of restaurants, lots of financial scandals, a very corrupt police force, not to mention at least three active dungeons! (Actually there are other “adult entertainment offerings,” but those three are the ones I visit.)

5 Likes

We’re also known for our strip clubs…

Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Blame the techno-dude-bros…

10 Likes

Are we talking sin or criminal? Some vices are criminal but not necessarily ‘sinful’ while some vices are sinful but not necessarily criminal. And then we get to sins by which god’s standard? First testament Christian god? New testament Christian god? Muslim god? Jewish god (yeah, I know these are all the ‘same’).

What about the greek gods? Zeus? Dionysus? You’re bound to have more fun with this pantheon.

I don’t know. This all seems very grey to me.

8 Likes

Wait, New York is #15?

I’ve got some work to do.

On the other hand, we are #4 for lust, possibly my favorite of the deadly sins. Although I am partial to sloth too, and there we’re putting in a very poor showing indeed. Disappointing.

5 Likes

In other news, Port St Lucie, FL was found to be the most boring city in America.

6 Likes

With regards to ATL, part of the reason we seem so high on the list is because of our “greed” ranking… we are the city with the highest level of income inequality, so this isn’t just about our spectacular night life, it seems. So maybe not such a great reason to be ranked so high.

9 Likes

Philly can do better than the bronze medal. If we were just a bit more lazy.

14 Likes

So basically, you can find trouble in a a big city.

It’s only hard to find sin in Iowa because it’s hard to find ANYTHING to do in Iowa.

3 Likes

There’s the Field of Dreams movie location in Dyersville. Is that sinful enough though?

2 Likes

You could start a committee for a worse Iowa.

12 Likes

Don’t forget the poop on the sidewalk everywhere in SF (allegedly). I want my money back! Or more sin!

My thoughts exactly!

Ready To Fight Tina Fey GIF by Saturday Night Live

13 Likes

That’s always true!

7 Likes

Los Angeles should probably be higher

Most of those places are not doing it on purpose

2 Likes

“Bad things happen in Philadelphia!”

4 Likes