Here’s why people hate the word “moist”

There’s lots of words I dislike. Cuticle and armpit are two that immediately come to mind.

■■■■■ barely registers for me. I didn’t even know hating this word was a thing before it was mentioned in Dead Like Me.

1 Like

I am totally on board the bandwagon theory. I’ve said it for years: words that sound like ■■■■■ don’t bother people. (The carpenter said that joist is rotting. [shudder]?) And words that mean similar things don’t bother people in the same way. (Wet, humid, damp, slick…) I think people learn that ■■■■■ is “gross,” and they just go with it.

But pubic

1 Like

Do a search - you might be surprised by how many towns have Pubic Works Departments.

5 Likes

Was your dog given an unsatisfactory new bark and then disembarked?

3 Likes

But nurse!

Exactly what I hoped to find in the comments! I enjoy baking, so for me that word is a compliment. Nobody I know wants to eat dry, crumbly cake or brownies.

6 Likes

In response the growing public dislike of “■■■■■,” Duncan Hines has decided to come out with a new line of cakes called “Desiccated Deluxe.”

7 Likes
3 Likes

“■■■■■” might not be a word worth hating, but Oglaf feels it’s unsexy enough to be used by monsters to kill erections. [NSFW comic]

4 Likes

I guess no one remembers where the word ■■■■■ got its negative connotations. Back in the 60s, Kentucky Fried Chicken was new and exciting. Along with the meal you got a little packet labelled “■■■■■ Towlette”, If I remember correctly, Johnny Carson and George Carlin both started making fun of the words “■■■■■ towelettes” in their routines. It was usually referred to as something you would need to clean up a foul sort of mess. That grafted the gross connotation onto the word ■■■■■. Before that, people thought of “moistening a stamp” or a “■■■■■ sponge” and there was no negative connotation at all. Comedians made the word both funny and gross.

■■■■■ cookies cycle in and out of style over several years.

2 Likes

I object. Flange and Gusset are not un-sexy words.

1 Like

Thank you for posting that. I knew the whole “■■■■■” thing was from a TV show, but I could not remember which one. Dead Like Me was a wonderful show.

3 Likes

More than +1for Oglaf reference.

1 Like

I like agreeing with you. I really do. It was such a great character driven show.

It was one of the ones I carried with me on overseas deployments. Strangers with candy as well . A bunch of marines watched those out of boredom, but found themselves really caring about the characters and the story. And everyone cried at “Always”.

1 Like

Near the Large Hardon Collider?

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/19/15831520/typos-large-hadron-hardon-collider-lhc-cern-twitter-physics

5 Likes
2 Likes

Jesus Christ. Please stop posting shit like this. I almost unsubscribed from BB because of this BS post.

Have some pride.

Why not “disonbowl?”

1 Like