Here’s why people hate the word “moist”

Holy shirt - I didn’t know this existed. ■■■■■ von Lipwig is one of my favourite Pratchett characters, if only because the gulf between his intuitive self and what he knows to be his duty is so large. i.e., while Granny Weatherwax, Sam Vimes, Susan et al are all driven by duty, they’ve internalised that duty, but in MV, you actually get to watch the process of internalisation.

EDIT - Wow, I seem to have strayed way off topic - mods, please forgive!

3 Likes

Are you disappointed, or just ■■■■■?

3 Likes

If my dog has an unsatisfactory bark, he’s a subwoofer. :blush:

2 Likes

4 Likes

This article is a load of bs and/or generational hipsterism. I embrace the moistness. Of course, in Seattle where I live, people that do not like being ■■■■■ move away. And that’s ok.

We have this in Seattle too: Moisture Festival

1 Like

I enjoy the word. But then, my girlfriend and I have made a game of my saying juvenile scandalous things, and her pretending to be scandalized.

Strange, some of my most favorite things are ■■■■■.
I like the word.
Now dank… That is not a pleasant association.

1 Like

That’d be a pretty good tweet

1 Like

Didn’t we have this conversation already?

Deja vu!

3 Likes

I was going to say the same thing. When did this become a thing? I’ve never even heard anyone even comment on it - ever. I’ve only seen it referred online.

I mean, is it really that taboo when Duncan Hines and Betty Crocker are using it to sell cakes?

OH wait - I should have scrolled more…

3 Likes

Slacks  

1 Like

I liked that song in my yoof. I still have the CD single somewhere…

It’s an extremely recent thing. One of those Instagram/Facebook memes that some people take too seriously, like the goofy “Mandela effect / Berenstain Bears” controversy or the “clowns and puppets are scary” meme.

That isn’t a meme, that is real life. And it isn’t recent! Fucking Twighlight Zone had scary puppets!

Oh believe me, there’s some freaky ass puppets out there. But I have a friend who refuses to watch anything with puppets – the Muppet Show, Avenue Q, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock – because, as she says, “I never realized how scary puppets are until people started talking about it on Instagram!”

1 Like

Muppets aren’t puppets! They are magical beings brought to life with the power of love an imagination!

For some reason, though, people try extra hard to make ventriloquist puppets ugly, and/or creepy.

2 Likes

Naw, dogg. Puppets have always been scary.

2 Likes

I cannot agree more :slight_smile: I will never forget seeing Karen Prell give a talk once about puppetry and such, and she got this floppy cloth sock with feathery hair out of a case and stuck her hand inside, and suddenly Red Fraggle was alive and talking to me; it was completely magic.

But yes, marionettes can be super scary. The Bob Baker Marionette Theater is one of the weirdest shows I’ve ever seen. You sit on the floor and marionettes climb in your lap. I kinda loved it but if people are skeeved out by marionettes it’d be horrifying.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.