Here's the horrifying trailer for Cocaine Bear and the true story that inspired the film

Originally published at: Here's the horrifying trailer for Cocaine Bear and the true story that inspired the film | Boing Boing

9 Likes

I don’t know if this movie can live up to the trailer, but if it does, it’s going to be epic. It’s like “What if Lake Placid and Snakes on a Plane had a baby?”

9 Likes
4 Likes

Mr. Thorton was a known drug smuggler and a former police officer.

Why was he a former police officer? :thinking:

4 Likes

i liked it better when it was called “Sharknado”

5 Likes

The back story doesn’t add up. Why would Thornton abandon his own plane in mid-air?

ETA: The Knoxville News story clears it up.

In fact, that story should have been the lead. Who knew that eating parrot meat could give you food poisoning?

Also, the NYT article misspells Thornton’s name throughout.

7 Likes

I hope they make a sequel called “Meth Moose.”

13 Likes

I can only image the pitch meetinf for this movie.

Soon they will make all sort of rip offs…

Marijuana Puma
Fentanyl Geese
Ecstasy Wolverine
Sniffin´glue bald eagle

Tonight on Wild Animals on Drugs.

8 Likes

Great stuff:

Nearly three decades after the bear’s death, the eccentric retailer Kentucky for Kentucky sought out the bear, reached out to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and traced the animal’s postmortem journey. The bear was taxidermized and put on display at the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area in Georgia. At one point, the Courier-Journal reported, the bear was stolen, and it later resurfaced among country legend Waylon Jennings’s private collection of preserved animals in Las Vegas. Sure, why not.

The linked online retailer, by the by, has a collection of Cocaine Bear themed gifts, just in time for holiday giving.

5 Likes

I can promise you from experience that this sequel is not action packed.

5 Likes

When I first heard the title I had honestly thought for sure it was inspired by the memes. I kind of still wonder if it isn’t, and they just happened to hear about a story that would go with it.

5 Likes

Smokey the Bear good but Snorty the Bear bad?

3 Likes

No need to give them meth…

7 Likes

If by “horrifying” you mean “cheesy and probably bad to the point of being hilariously good” then, yes it is horrifying. I’ll probably watch it.

5 Likes
8 Likes

That’s awesome.

3 Likes

I think the casting is all wrong.

nicked from NewsThump (@newsthump@mastodon.online) - Mastodon

8 Likes

“The Moosia, if you will”…

Yeah, that guy is hilarious…

3 Likes

Starring Cheech and Chong.

3 Likes

You just broke the last pure thing we had, dude.

Sad Lilo And Stitch GIF

6 Likes