Here's what happened when Mythbusters let bulls loose in a china shop

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/18/heres-what-happened-when-myt.html

7 Likes

Ha, those bulls weren’t fooled, they KNEW it wasn’t a real china shop and were conserving their energy… like for a larger store, for example:

9 Likes

Needs backing music

14 Likes

To be fair only for the slippy tiles and hooves everything would have been untouched in Supervalu also.

I’m sticking with the bulls are graceful runners narrative.

7 Likes

Couldn’t help but notice that they used a bull with sawed-off horns, and set the shelving up in such a way that it was physically possible to navigate for the bull.

One of my pet peeves is stores that set up their displays so close that just one cart sufficiently blocks the entire aisle for anyone else to get by.

9 Likes

Saw Mythbusters in the headline, came here to see bulls exploding. Disappointed.

4 Likes

That’s one of my favorite Mythbusters sequences. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Now I’m thinking how bad a bull might look if it were clumsy around items that are common in its environment, like barbed wire fencing.

1 Like

They should have tried with a cat…

1 Like

ooh dear no slippery floors and why not

Can you imagine how many hundreds of hours of footage of a cat not having anything to do with their experiment they would have got?
Until they turn the cameras off for ten seconds and the cat knocks everything off the shelves and goes back to sleep again.

2 Likes

there is an almost similar german version of this saying;

“wie ein elefant im porzellanladen”

so, mythbusters, try this again with an elephant. an adult one.

1 Like
4 Likes

What about a horse in a hospital?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.