Here's what to do on a date

Originally published at: Here's what to do on a date | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Oh shit, Dear Wife and I are doing it all wrong with weed & alcohol. Rest assured that we’ll try harder next year.

23 Likes

I like this version better…

21 Likes

Would Taffy enjoy a weenie pull?

21 Likes

The first line in that video matched my first thought exactly!
:rofl:

11 Likes

“Knick Knacks”?

“Weenie Roasts”??

“You like to do a lot of things”???

This film is pure filth.

13 Likes

Then there’s this classic.

Obviously a parody.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with drinking cider and making out in a bush?
(Proper cider not apple juice. That’s not cider)

1 Like

Have yourself a

3 Likes

Ooooh, glass bottle! Classy.

2 Likes

Who doesn’t want an old English Dickens cider?

6 Likes

No, I meant it. It’s classier than English teens’ cider (pretty sure that stuff is actually fermented onions).

1 Like

Back before the pandemic a friend and I met up for a lovely dinner, then headed over to one of the local dungeons for an entertaining evening together. Afterwards, as we were walking back to my car, I started to refer to the activities as a date, hesitated a second and asked “Hmm. Would you consider this a date?” She asked if I’d like it to be and I acknowledged this as so. “In that case, yes, this is a date.” I’m pretty sure most of our activities were not on the approved list from this video, but we certainly enjoyed ourselves.

(Soon afterwards the pandemic hit and we’ve been unable to see each other since.)

11 Likes

Tension was too much, had to stop watching at 2:30.

2 Likes

Dentist not a good choice for date, mkay? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I love those old sepia-toned heterosexual propaganda films. I remember seeing them in public school classes in the Deep South, back when I was a younger gay.

One of my favorite 1980s cult films is “Whatever Happened to Susan Jane?”. It is not even based on the movie of a similar name. It is set in the punk and drag scenes in early 1980s San Francisco. This movie uses an instructional film from the 1950s and builds around short segments of the movie.

It’s well worth watching, if only to see punk-drag SF from the early 1980s.

7 Likes

Wilbur Force would disagree with you

1 Like
8 Likes

I’ve been with my nesting partner for 18 years now; she’s a librarian. My next longest relationship just passed 16 years. Our first date was a coffee shop, visiting kittens, and a used bookstore. My other long term relationships are all with writers, gamers, and other literate types. Yes, I do see a correlation there!

5 Likes

Wow–fantastic story. I love it!

That first date is about as ideal as ever a date could be, IMHO. Well done.

I was unnerved when a sibling married someone who only “read” fashion magazines and didn’t own a single book. I did not mention my unease, for decades. Their divorce finalized last year. I suppose I can accurately claim I had nothing to do with it, but now I can confess I had… qualms… going in.

Literacy (and numeracy) for the win.

And yes, I adore libraries…

ETA: what kind of magazines, clarified

4 Likes