Herschel Walker directed a $500k political donation into his business

Originally published at: Herschel Walker directed a $500k political donation into his business | Boing Boing

6 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

12 Likes

Let’s not rush to judge; I’m sure there’s a perfectly reasonable explanation like, um… he needed to use funds from his campaign to pay hush money to a mistress. That’s legal, right?

8 Likes

Looks like he’s finally going to take up Georgia residency.

13 Likes

I kinda imagine the wallet scene from Pulp Fiction, except it’s Walker saying “it’s the one that says My Business”

6 Likes

donald-trump-dancing

13 Likes

ranking it among the most egregious campaign finance violations in modern history

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. He’s a Republican, so that ought to grant him some immunity. But as a Black man he’ll be a special target. I suspect it’ll cancel out and nothing will come of this.

7 Likes

star wars GIF

7 Likes

Even Trump had enough sense to use crooked lawyers and accountants to help cook the books instead of just having political donors dump the money directly into his personal business accounts.

Of course that’s probably just because Trump has no idea how routing numbers work.

8 Likes

A difference of less than 40,000, out of 4 million people voting, was all that kept him from being a Senator.

10 Likes

What I want to know is will it be prosecuted as a state or federal crime?

Hopefully he gets to win (a guilty verdict) when they vote for him again.

(GIF Why not both?)

4 Likes

Maybe it’s best for everyone that he embezzled that $500K instead of using it for campaign resources that might have swayed the outcome of the election in his favor.

(Best for everyone but himself, I mean. I hope that fucker finally goes to prison.)

8 Likes

It’s grifters all the way down, but Trump attracted and encouraged stupidity too, so this is perfect really.

1 Like

No, no, no… the money is just resting in his account!

4 Likes

No, no, no… the money is just resting in his account!

Look matey, I know a bribe when I see one, and I’m looking at one right now.

3 Likes

So of course he’s going to be punished in some way for this, right? Ah yes, I do make myself laugh sometimes. Ha. Ha.

5 Likes

Why wouldn’t he? It’s not like he’s going to suffer any real consequences for doing it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.