Hey Republicans! Feeling guilty for blaming Trump on the insurrection? Try a dose of Insurrectigone!

Originally published at: Hey Republicans! Feeling guilty for blaming Trump on the insurrection? Try a dose of Insurrectigone! | Boing Boing

4 Likes

17 Likes

Funny, but I was waiting for the endless list of side effects at the end. “Myopia, delusional dreams, short-term memory loss, enlarged arseholes” come to mind immediately.

8 Likes

Feeling guilty for blaming Trump on the insurrection?

That headline had me doing a double-take, I could not parse it in my mind.

@Carla_Sinclair Your headline seems to be asking us if we were blaming the insurrection for Trump. I don’t think anyone attributes to the insurrection any blame for Trump. The insurrection happened long after Trump had entered our political lives. You seem to have got effect and cause mixed up here as a result of inappropriate preposition use.

So I’m sure you meant ‘blaming Trump FOR the insurrection’? Without doubt, ‘FOR’ would be the correct preposition in that headline. Or if you are determined to use the preposition ‘on’, then reverse the players: ‘blaming the insurrection ON Trump’.

(Another skirmish in the American War on Prepositions. Probably accidental friendly fire in this case.)

4 Likes

Yes, yes, you’re absolutely right! A bit late now, but changing it… Thank you.

4 Likes

Notify your doctor if you have an insurrection that lasts more than four hours.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.