Hidden message in mass resignation letter from President Trump's Committee on Arts and Humanities

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/08/18/theres-a-hidden-message-in-t.html

13 Likes

Brilliant! I have never seen an acrostic in real life, only hypothetical ones and illustrations.

Also, am I the only one who still sees the grid page from last night? It’s not updating.

6 Likes

Cheeky art nerds. This never would have happened before the President’s Steganography Detection and Advisory Council resigned in protest.

26 Likes

Bravo! Nicely done.

13 Likes

A welcome sign that people of conscience are acting for the good of the USA!

18 Likes

As I read down… R… E… S… I… whoop! RESIGN yea! resist? oh, OK, that works too.

19 Likes

D… R… I… N… K… Y… O… U… R… O… V… A… L…T… I… N… E…

*sigh *

43 Likes

Are they suggesting that Trump himself should join the resistance?

4 Likes

That certainly wouldn’t hurt.

3 Likes

S… O… Y… O… U… T… H… I… N… K… I… T… S… R… E… A… L… L… Y… G… O… O… D… Y… E… A… H… Y… O… U… S… H… O… U… L… D… T… R… Y… M… A… K… I… N… G… T… H… E… B… L… O… O… D… Y… T… H… I… N… G… U… P… I… T… S… A… R… E… A… L… P… A… I… N… I… N… T… H… E… A… R… S… E…

-James May, just before he was fired from Autocar

I hope this one impresses you too.

6 Likes

George C Wolfe is the only remaining member (or at least, the only one who didn’t sign).

I wonder what the story there is.

3 Likes

I wondered that too. From the New York Daily News:

Director George C. Wolfe’s name wasn’t signed to the letter, but his representatives told The Associated Press he was in fact leaving the panel and his name would be added to the missive.

10 Likes

Sweet idea

2 Likes

I know it says R–E--S–i--S–T,

But my brain keeps seeing C–H--R–I--S–T-- --W–H--A–T-- --A–N-- --A–S--S–H--O–LE

21 Likes

I was hoping it would be “RESIGN”, and it took me far too long to figure out that “Thank you,” was part of it.

1 Like

Para 5
Go fuck yourself.

Para 6
Now.

Would, IMO, have been better.

2 Likes

Shits broke, yo. Though BB isn’t sure why.

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/blog-is-broken/

I use the BLOG page, but the ASCII seems to update better for me, but others have issues there too.

2 Likes

Someone on another blog noticed that the very first sentence kind of spells out “racist”:

Reproach And Censure In the Strongest possible Terms …”

4 Likes

Arts and humanity guys don’t talk like that.

It’s pretty clear what they mean once you’ve picked up a bit of the banter.

8 Likes

Don’t just slobber and laugh over the “hidden message”. READ IT! It’s thoughtful, thought-provoking, sensible, and alarming. It gives good reason to “resist”. If you really want to take a stand against Trump and his ilk, you have to understand WHY you do. It’s important to really think about this. If you do nothing but have a knee-jerk reaction and you can’t articulate a reason why Trump is wrong, then you’re no better at upholding and defending democracy than the other side. This country doesn’t need two mobs whaling away at each other and the only thing they can say is “we do it 'cause they’s over thar”. You need to know WHY or you’re as willfully ignorant as the Traitor in Chief. You want to really be against Trump? Do the thing that is most dangerous to him and his friends, something that he hates and fears - think.

11 Likes