Trump quits Screen Actor's Guild before they "fire" him. They respond with 2 words

Originally published at: Trump quits Screen Actor's Guild before they "fire" him. They respond with 2 words | Boing Boing

15 Likes

I wonder if this will have any implications for the new Director’s Cut of Home Alone 2 in which Trump makes his exit by slipping on some ice and falling through an open manhole cover into a sewer main.

33 Likes

One can only hope. :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

tenor

40 Likes

That letterhead… :roll_eyes:

19 Likes

Why are we still giving air time to every stupid thing he does?

16 Likes

It boosts engagement.

7 Likes

That might be illegal…I don’t know. When he was the president, he sold things with the seal on it and that was illegal (I know, add it to the pile), but since he’s not anymore, I don’t think he’s allowed to use it still.

5 Likes

Does anyone have any letterhead from our former presidents (written post presidency) to compare this with?

2 Likes

On the list of [expletive deleted] crimes to spend any time worrying about, this surely ranks near the bottom.

“Thank” is not the word I would have used as a preface to “you”. The word I would have used had four letters and starts with “F”.

14 Likes

I don’t know, but It reminds me of the letterhead that, amongst other things, got Christopher Monckton a cease and desist letter from the House of Lords.

A letter to Viscount Monckton of Brenchley from the Clerk of the Parliaments - UK Parliament

Dear Lord Monckton

My predecessor, Sir Michael Pownall, wrote to you on 21 July 2010, and again on 30 July 2010, asking that you cease claiming to be a Member of the House of Lords, either directly or by implication. It has been drawn to my attention that you continue to make such claims.

In particular, I have listened to your recent interview with Mr Adam Spencer on Australian radio. In response to the direct question, whether or not you were a Member of the House of Lords, you said “Yes, but without the right to sit or vote”. You later repeated, “I am a Member of the House”.

I must repeat my predecessor’s statement that you are not and have never been a Member of the House of Lords. Your assertion that you are a Member, but without the right to sit or vote, is a contradiction in terms. No-one denies that you are, by virtue of your letters Patent, a Peer. That is an entirely separate issue to membership of the House. This is borne out by the recent judgment in Baron Mereworth v Ministry of Justice (Crown Office) where Mr Justice Lewison stated:

“In my judgment, the reference [in the House of Lords Act 1999] to ‘a member of the House of Lords’ is simply a reference to the right to sit and vote in that House … In a nutshell, membership of the House of Lords means the right to sit and vote in that House. It does not mean entitlement to the dignity of a peerage.”

I must therefore again ask that you desist from claiming to be a Member of the House of Lords, either directly or by implication, and also that you desist from claiming to be a Member “without the right to sit or vote”.

I am publishing this letter on the parliamentary website so that anybody who wishes to check whether you are a Member of the House of Lords can view this official confirmation that you are not.

David Beamish
Clerk of the Parliaments

15 July 2011

(Relevant parts bolded by me)

Nice to see the two logos side by side: one can see that in Monckton’s version the chains are unhinged and there is empty space beneath the crown. Can anyone explain the symbolism?
Vagueofgodalming

ETA: Obama, both Bushes, and Clinton have used the eagle on their letterhead post-presidency, but in that case it is very obvious that it is not the seal of the President of the United States. All look very similar, like there are some guidelines for this.

12 Likes

Man. I wish he had reacted this way to the first impeachment hearing.

14 Likes

Not “You’re fired anyway.” ? Darn it.

2 Likes

Colbert read this letter yesterday on his monologue and I honestly couldn’t tell if it was the actual letter or just a bit joke.

1 Like

Sometimes undeserved politeness carries the message more effectively.

12 Likes

This definitely is in keeping with Trump’s definition of “Winning”

1 Like

I am still floored by the fact that the president of the Screen Actor’s Guild is the woman who played Andrea on Beverly Hills 90210!

Hard to express how disappointed I am that those 2 words weren’t “Bye Felicia”

11 Likes

I actually thought those two words were going to be “Good riddance.”

12 Likes