Trump quits Screen Actor's Guild before they "fire" him. They respond with 2 words

It’s also a stupid criticism of a union. The union isn’t there for the headliners. Unions aren’t about pushing up the ceiling, they’re about making sure there’s a floor. Like in the NFL where the union isn’t there to help Tom Brady, they’re there to make sure the practice squad and the middling no-name backups get paid.

10 Likes

Fuck. I wish they could’ve fired him via Twitter before he quit.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll agree with you on this one. Profanity can be a chainsaw, whereas tactical grammar can be dagger in the back.

6 Likes

I would have preferred the two-word sentence “Good riddance.”

ETA:

Rats, @Brian_Shock beat me to it.

Trump, in his usual pig-ignorant bluster, probably thinks he’s won again. “That’ll show 'em!” but, in reality (a term he seems to be devoid of), he’s just made himself look an even bigger cretinous moron and raving idiot than ever. Reminds me of a petulant school kid who can’t get his own way, ending up throwing tantrums and insults. The man needs to just vanish in to obscurity and it would help if the press totally ignored him and his post-presidential antics. He’s just trying to garner publicity.

1 Like

If you think the letterhead is bad, check out the signature.

1 Like

Same energy though.

1 Like

5bc504ab3eb73e42ab118807f3dfeffaf3384135_2_500x500

15 Likes

It is an actor’s guild!! You are never go to out-sass them, and they know drama when they see it :smiley:

7 Likes

Welp, it looks like he’s entitled to it. Maybe it’s one more thing they can deny him when there is an impeachment conviction…

2 Likes

I mean, that signature screams “I like wearing pointy white hoods”.

2 Likes

I think he may be running out of clubs to rage quit at this point. I wouldn’t mind seeing him rage quitting his local library, but that seems… improbable. What other clubs is he still a member of?

2 Likes

Buh-bye

6 Likes

CBC Radio snarked that, by leaving, Trump had helped “form a more perfect Union”.

8 Likes

“Frank you?”

6 Likes

… at which point, dozens of resident retching rats rush out of the manhole, to freedom and fresh air!! Done ! That’s a wrap !! Print.

1 Like

hotdoggin2

2 Likes

That too. I was thinking of the way he styles himself President.

The examples @the_borderer posted indicate that none of the others sign off as President after they left office and as far as I can tell there are very limited circumstances where it would be correct to address Trump (or any other former President) as President so-and-so and I’m not aware that it would ever be correct for them to refer to themselves as President.

I suspect Trump styles himself as such as part of his “I didn’t lose the election” claim. I’ll be interested to see if the Q-wing of the Republicans refer to Biden as President or if they find someway to avoid it.

I forsee a whole bunch of rallies where Trump gets his crowd to hail him as the ‘true’ President.

That, or a lonely, sad decline into irrelevance…

Oh, how I hope for the latter.

4 Likes

I’m just never going to forgive America for this fucking guy… nothing you want was worth supporting this scumbag in the process of making it happen. Nothing.

3 Likes

More than half of us didn’t fucking vote for the guy in 2016, and that’s not counting the people who whose vote was infringed upon via gerrymandering, voter id requirements and felon laws.

Now the fuckers that did vote for that orange POS, either time?

As a Black woman actually living in the US, and personally dealing with the bullshit firsthand, I won’t ever forgive them either.

16 Likes