Watch: Lawyer Lin Wood says Trump

Originally published at: Watch: Lawyer Lin Wood says Trump | Boing Boing

5 Likes

As a reminder, the Georgia Bar Association is likely to suspend Mr. Wood’s license to practice law in part because he has been refusing to cooperate with their request that he undergo a mental health evaluation.

In legal terms, this mofo cray-cray.

61 Likes

South Carolina can keep him…

Signed,
The State of GA

34 Likes

it’s almost hard to believe that wood had spent 32 years doing a decent business in medical malpractice and personal injury work before falling into this rabbit hole. his work for richard jewell was decent enough and he did okay for the ramseys in their suits after their daughter, jon-benet, was murdered. did he always have the potential for this level of derangement or did it take the reckless bluster of a sitting president to call it out? i wonder what john ramsey thinks about his former attorney?

16 Likes

::Trump picks up phone::

Trump: Ahoyhoy.
Military: This is the military. We need the code. It’s time for a first strike.
Trump: Hi, military. I was just telling them about how much I love the military.
::Trump, to empty room:: Wasn’t I just saying that?
Military: Mr. President, we need the code. We have only ten minutes to launch a first strike.
Trump: You see? None of this would have happened if I had won the election, which I did! Can you believe how unfairly they treated me? No president in history has ever…
Military: Sir, we need the codes right now. We have to strike first.
Trump: That’s what I was saying. You have to strike first, grab them by the pussy. Most people didn’t get that.

::Scene::

47 Likes

The cheese fell off his cracker, a long long time ago.

24 Likes

Some people get worse with age. I have an uncle like this, but truth be told he was always a low-key racist blowhard who was mostly keeping it under wraps.

11 Likes

Some people are drawn to the spectacle and spotlight of high profile cases and end up becoming infamous all on their own (ie: Cochran, Dershowitz, Kardashian, etc…). No such thing as bad publicity after all.

5 Likes

in famous, very different from out famous, right?

5 Likes

A lawyer telling lies… the horror!!!

bazinga GIF

Time to move on, I guess.

1 Like

There is being a lawyer, which is a necessary job in our society, and then there is backing an insurrection against our government and an authoritarian leader.

28 Likes

He’s basically calling for more insurrection action and it borders on dangerous.

This is a dangerous game they’re playing; HOW IS IT that a clear playbook hasn’t been worked out to shut this shit down? It was ridiculously stress when Der Cheeto was president, then relieving when Biden took office. But that creeping dread is back, because I don’t see a coherent strategy yet to combat the incessant lies that doesn’t make martyrs out of every liar involved. And goddamn those lies are nonstop. It’s a total cancer.

27 Likes

Oh, it’s fine… isn’t that what all laywers do? /s

But seriously, the fact that so many people are not taking this kind of thing seriously is upsetting. Frontline did a film about the insurrection that’s worth watching…

We have to take this stuff seriously, now. Because if hey do this again and succeed, IT WILL BE TOO LATE.

19 Likes

Sweetheart, that ship done sailed. Gone and over the horizon. Tah-tah, deary.

13 Likes

“This is driving me crazy. Why doesn’t somebody do something?”

Like what? Go back to school and trying to retain some knowledge for a change?

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

12 Likes

Yeah, I’m going to strongly disagree with “borders on.” 1/6 shattered any illusions of benign lunacy here.

19 Likes

Oh, I agree… I’m not saying it’s right, but can you fight delusional?

2 Likes

Yeah the insurrectionists crossed that border quite some time ago.

Hannibal-style. With elephants.

17 Likes

It’s not delusional. It’s literally advocating for the overthrow of the US government.

We need to take this seriously. Just calling it delusional is not doing that.

26 Likes

Dear Lin “Fuckwit” Wood,

Trump did not “sign” the Insurrection Act. Thomas Jefferson did, after it was passed by the Legislature… in 1807. Trump threatened to “invoke” the act, but in response to BLM protests, not the election.

Secondly, if Trump is somehow still in power as “secret President” WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT?!

24 Likes