Watch: Lawyer Lin Wood says Trump

If I had a solvent that would break the glue between people in denial and the people who will tell them what they want to hear because it benefits them… I’d be scared because the latter group is super dangerous and would probably do anything to keep up supply.

9 Likes

From what I’ve seen, an addiction to public attention can warp an otherwise mentally stable and reasonable person in a lot of ways (and when a given celebrity is only formerly mentally stable and reasonable then the situation only gets worse).

Lawyers with this addiction to fame can have particularly toxic effects on those around them and on society at large. Look at Dershowitz and Guiliani and Fred Phelps, for example.

13 Likes

You tell yourself whatever you need to get through the day, dumbasses.

1 Like

“This is about God,” he said. “God is getting ready to clean up this world and he’s got a lot of cleaning up to do in America…”

I guess Mr. Wood and I agree on one thing. I don’t think we agree on who should be “cleaned”

7 Likes

He was becoming deranged before the election:

“I might actually be Christ coming back for a second time in the form of an imperfect man, elevating Christ consciousness,” an extraordinary footnote quotes Wood telling his partners. “That cause you to have a little bit of a chill? Who would be more eloquent to say what the will of God is, the belief of God in me.”

Wood is said to have called himself the representative of various Biblical figures.

“I represent Moses,” Wood allegedly declared on tape. “I represent Ananias the believer. I’m like the power of King David. Now look you all, I told you I was going to pray tonight to my God, not to myself, because to me there’s God and there’s me.”

The quotations came to light during contentious litigation between Wood and his former partners Nicole Wade, Jonathan Grunberg, and Taylor Wilson, who broke up from L. Lin Wood, P.C. earlier this year to start their own firm Wade, Grunberg & Wilson, LLC.

[…]

The former partners claimed that their relationship with Wood spanning roughly half a decade started deteriorating late last year as Wood began to exhibit “erratic, hostile, abusive, and threatening” behavior.

“In the Fall of 2019, defendant Wood also committed assault and battery on Grunberg in an elevator of a hotel during an out of town deposition,” they wrote in their complaint, which also alleges that Wood attacked Wilson. “In both assaults, there was essentially no reason whatsoever for the attack, and defendant Wood later acknowledged and apologized for this violence.”

There may be legitimate mental health concerns with him.

10 Likes

What the f_ck is this “cleaning up” (undertaken by Almighty God) that has to happen before Trump returns? Shouldn’t his obvious lack of sanity alarm the audience and not provoke their applause?

Pro-Trump attorney Lin Wood

Pro-Gilead attorney Lin Wood

But he’s not talking about secular death squads. He’s implying supernatural forces are soon to be at work. That’s why he’s saying Trump shouldn’t retake power so soon; let God slaughter the unrighteous, then Trump can depose Biden.

Lin Wood rambles thusly: “So, remember, this isn’t about Trump, and this isn’t about “flesh”, this is about God. This is about Powers and Principalities [ie, Satan]. God’s getting ready to clean up this world and he’s got a lot of cleaning up to do in America. So we don’t want Trump to come back yet, because some things are going to have to happen — he’s going to enjoy when the bad stuff starts happening: ‘How do you like this Biden Administration?’ It’s not going to be under Trump’s watch! — but Trump is watching.”   And then, before the clip cuts off, he goes into Trump having secretly signed the Insurrection Act and how the military is thus autonomously prepared to react to a threat.

So, [the christian] god is getting ready to “clean up,” but the US military is “ready.” I guess if the military committed genocide, he could say it was “god acting through them”? It’s almost impossible to be definitive because Wood himself is so nebulous.

5 Likes

Alright, time for somebody to fess up. Who’s been sneaking the edibles to the GQOP?

1 Like

I remember reading this and thinking about untreated syphilis and how later in life it can manifest as severe psychosis. I’m not making any assumptions here, it’s just what his sudden break with reality reminded me of, it can present itself in different ways, including paranoia and variations on god-complex.

8 Likes

If you take a look at European history in the late 1930s you may get a hint at what he’s referring to.

4 Likes

While being 35 years old and living in mommy’s basement and needing organic food.

If Trump is still president, why do all the Quoconuts care?

It’s a white man saying horrible things! Quick everyone, let’s blame mental illness! /s

12 Likes

There’s been speculation to that effect for years about Pat Robertson. His job during the Korean War was procuring hookers for the officers, so it’s a possibility with him.

I don’t know what’s going on with Lin Wood, but one can become a weird arsehole without mental illness or brain-wasting diseases causing it.

7 Likes

Sometimes I wish the Earth actually IS flat so we could push these fools over the edge.

2 Likes

ha! as if the very first thing Biden didn’t do was change the fricken launch codes

3 Likes

Y’all too nice saying that he is crazy. It looks to me like he’s running a con on these marks, it’s easy money, getting paid just to spout some bullshit for a couple hours with none of the work or expenses of a legal case. All aboard the tRump Grift Train.

5 Likes

He’s a millenial. Cut him some slack. He won’t be able to afford any real estate at all until his mom dies and he gets the inheritance.

4 Likes

Are you really so sure of that? We already saw on Jan 6 what he was talking about. And it was secular death squads (I saw the zip ties those guys were carrying). They were pretty explicit about what they were going to do. They bragged about it on twitter and facebook.

4 Likes

Jokes on him, then, ‘cause Biden is president, not a monarch. There’s no throne to take.

8 Likes

Yeah. He is, although I assume the believe the actual people doing the mass murder of all their enemies will be working according to god’s plan. The dominionist right have been pushing for this for decades now. They believe that an actual war waged by men is god’s plan for cleansing the planet. And it dovetails perfectly with the white supremacists goals.

We need to start believing these people, because they are literally minded and they are not fucking around. They see all of us not 100% with them as being marked for death.

14 Likes