Trump quits Screen Actor's Guild before they "fire" him. They respond with 2 words

We don’t count, cause only white men are real Americans… /s

9 Likes

Frank is 5 letters, but I like your response better than mine.

2 Likes

Other people can refer to him as President Trump as an honorific ( :face_vomiting:), but referring to himself as President Trump means that he’s still a pretender to the current office.

Funny how those Republicans want all the Capitol security quickly relaxed when there’s the upcoming trial as well as the QAnon holy day of March 4th.

2 Likes

I’d be tempted to present the letter as evidence at his impeachment trial. I’d say it establishes insurrectionary intent.

3 Likes

Good point. It represents an ongoing threat, which is why he needs to be convicted after leaving office.

6 Likes

It is an ongoing threat. As long as he pretends to be the legitimate president, his merry band of domestic terrorists will be encouraged to “fight like hell”.

3 Likes

Well, you could also counter their argument by pointing out that he claims to still be President so it’s not open to him to argue that the proceedings are improper because you can’t impeach a former President.

If nothing else, you should be able to get his lawyers to nail his colours to the mast on that.

Either he accepts he’s no longer President and argues that impeachment is not possible.

Or he claims to still be President in which case he can be impeached (albeit that one would then argue that the House was not legitimate to vote to impeach and the Senate is not properly constituted to try him).

It’ll be interesting to see what tack they come up with.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.