High school teacher shows up for first work day drunk, without pants

Then again, if any man showed up at a public school without pants, everyone would want to know why there’s no pic to identify the perv.

6 Likes

She looks rather Cushingoid to me. That can cause psychotic symptoms, memory problems, depression …

So yeah, probably better not to beat on the sick person.

6 Likes

Well, if I’d listened to my folks and become a teacher (like the vast majority of my relatives, including both parents) I’d most definitely be a raging drunk by now.

3 Likes

A lot of us were probably shamed by hateful alcoholic grade school teachers, so this just feels right.

4 Likes

Read a few more articles and found that she has been a special ed. teacher for some time now. She was called in as a replacement teacher for the class. So, she may just not have been able to cope with it - she’s not looking well in the photo. Hope someone takes good care of her.

7 Likes

You said it so much better than I could have. My version: shit, if I had to teach a bunch of high school kids I would get drunk before class too.

Of course, maybe that would help when I’m teaching university classes… hmmm.

1 Like

Because otherwise we’d have to shame her over there?

Wait, no. I’ll come in again.

1 Like

Friends grandpa told her, “You ain’t drunk till you have to hold onto the earth to keep from flying off.”

Re: the article

“‘Some parents were baffled,’ according to this very sober news report.”

The rest were very understanding as they cracked open a beer.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s more of a mescaline sort of thing.

5 Likes

Would you believe it never occurred once to me that this was a shaming.

You seem to see shaming of others, like, EVERYWHERE man. Whats up with that?

1 Like

Well, so long as it’s terrible when someone else is a little mean, but not so bad when -you- make cancer jokes, I say go with the mood you are in and totally ignore your own hypocricy, and have a great day. Sounds like you need one!

But heck, maybe do it on -your own- blog, under your real name, if you have the courage, which you do not.

1 Like

Love Child, is that you?

1 Like

or accitentional

2 Likes

Yeah, jeez, it’s like you can’t even mock sick people anymore without some damn bleeding-heart getting all pissy about it.

2 Likes

At the risk of being accused of concern trolling, I have to say that, sorry Xeni, but this isn’t really cool, given the high likelihood that this is someone with serious substance abuse issues. How would you feel if someone posted a “goofy” mugshot of someone who had alopecia, possibly from chemo? Or is it funny or ostensibly noteworthy if it’s someone else’s disease?

I’ll admit, I used to be a fan of The Smoking Gun’s weekly mugshot roundup–ill-advised tattoos and haircuts, and some of them even mugging for the camera, etc. But then I started noticing that in every roundup–every one–they’d have a transwoman of color, and always took pains to define them as men in the comments. Plus, there was the inherent skeeviness of their “pretty perps” category, young women, usually white and usually drunk or high. I’m not against the idea of posting links to police reports of people doing truly questionable things (see the recent post of the two people having sex on the roof of a strip-mall Chipotle), but this pointing and laughing at the village drunk is simply crass.

7 Likes

At the very least… if censoring part of the faces on the photos of the couple who was on the roof of the Chipolte was needed, it would probably be consistent to do it here as well.

1 Like

I’m not sure that I’d even agree with that, as it would be trivial for someone to find uncensored photos (as it was with the couple). What I’m arguing against here is for this place to be in any way like Fark, which again I’ll admit that I used to frequent (in fact, it’s where I first found out about the TSG mugshot roundup) until the pernicious bro-ness of the place finally led me to leave.

I started grade school (First Grade) in 1972, and I can assure this audience that things were WAY different back then…

Ooh, if it does, let me know.

1 Like

YOU’RE NOT MY DAD