High school teacher shows up for first work day drunk, without pants

I guess I see this as something I might have to help a student work through in his/her head had they been witness to the experience. Seeing this woman through the eyes of a young HS age kid would stir up a lot questions, feelings, emotions, fear and who knows what. Some kids would laugh, keeping in mind that laughter is sometimes a response to confusion or embarrassment. Regardless, any kid who was witness to this would likely need to talk about it and get their own feelings sorted through. There could well be a few students who would need to be told to delete any images from their phones just for the sake of decency.

I found the comments to be very interesting as well as the article. At some level I wonder if we get so sophisticated that we lose sight of some common human reactions. If this were a steady diet of what Boing Boing delivered I would likely not visit here as often but it isnā€™t common. This post is at the extreme end of the bell shaped curve and I can deal with it. Like many have posted I too hope the woman gets help. Her need is obvious. She does not live in an isolated vacuum though and many others were unwilling witness to her problem. How did she get in such a condition without someone trying to help her?

No doubt there are some teachable moments here regarding alcohol and illness. Maybe a chance to look at our selves as compassionate human beings as well as people who might find humor in the human condition at times even if it is mixed with discomfort.

1 Like

Well, in the right circumstance and with the right person I could actually see myself having sex on the roof of a Chipotle (or really any strip mall). There is literally no situation where I might get drunk and wander the halls of a high school with no pants.

1 Like

Thatā€™s how Iā€™m going to do EVERYTHING, from now on.

I would like boingboingā€™s promise to cover it, including mugshot, if ever I show up to work pantsless and drunk. Letā€™s make this happen, people.

4 Likes

That sounds like a challenge to me. Now to see if we can get everyone who knows rocketpj to trick him into a wild party with large amounts of booze, and some kind of crazy scheme afterwards at the local school.

Bonus points if footage from the whole thing can be turned into an indie-style buddy comedy movie afterwards.

1 Like

Meh to Xeniā€™s posting of this, but I do find the inclusion of Ms. Hillā€™s full name and date of birth in the image to be not so cool from the distinct possibility that phishing attacks against her (or companies with which she may do business) become that much easier.

1 Like

I think weā€™ve all been thereā€¦

Which makes a response a delicate matter for me, no?

1 Like

Ah! Sheā€™s launching her campaign for Mayor of Toronto? More power to her.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.