Highly realistic bear costume prank in NYC

Originally published at: Highly realistic bear costume prank in NYC | Boing Boing

3 Likes

All the reaction shots in that video could have been reactions to a plainclothes person acting that same way, though, including those of all the unaffected NYers just rolling their eyes and getting about their day…

2 Likes

that was pretty hilarious

Oh. It’s an ad. How disappointing.

4 Likes

Yeah, from reading the headline, I wondered why it didn’t read, “Bear-suit Prankster in “death by Cop” tragedy.”

10 Likes

That bear had a 50/50 chance of being punched out by any passing New Yorker.

5 Likes

The percentage of getting shot would be 95/5 in Texas…

7 Likes

Excellent way to catch some lead, wherever you are.

2 Likes

The Hulk GIF

13 Likes

Only you can prevent highly realistic bear costume prank reactions.

7 Likes

I might be startled but that was FAR from realistic. That suit was very disproportionate to an actual bear.

3 Likes

True, but while I think startled would be a standard immediate reaction, the followup is going to be very circumstantial. In a large urban environment like NYC? The “bear’s” reaction is going to be as much of an indicator of response as anything else. “This creature isn’t acting like a bear and isn’t normally found in this circumstance, it’s almost certainly safe to stop and examine it …” If I ran into this out on one of the local forested trails, I’d be a lot less likely to stick around for anatomical comparisons! (They’re almost unknown in this part of Wisconsin, but it’s not an absolute impossibility.)

1 Like

Makes sense, since Texas supports the right to arm bears.

3 Likes

In a real prank, that “bear” would have been in some deep yogurt.

2 Likes

Your definition of highly realistic proves that you have never actually seen a bear.

1 Like

Highly realistic giant spider dog.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.