Hillary Clinton campaign ad: mashup of Republicans bashing Trump

[Read the post]

Because it worked so well for them?

15 Likes

It technically follows the adage: ā€œIf you canā€™t say something niceā€¦ā€

1 Like

Why not also upload to YouTube? It doesnā€™t cost a penny does it? Maybe you have to pay a staffer for 10 minutes of their time - 30 minutes if theyā€™ve never seen YouTube before.

1 Like

Or possibly because of the fine-grained kickbacks / favors the service can afford its favorite government partnersā€¦

7 Likes

I suspect that Trump would proudly run this ad himself as validation that heā€™s not like (and not liked by) ā€˜the establishmentā€™. Heā€™s that delusional.

11 Likes

Many Republicans I know are now looking at Garry Johnson, the Libertarian candidate.

If he gains traction, Hillary is a shoe in, just like Clinton One won because Perot took too many voters that would have otherwise voted for Bush.

4 Likes

You say that like itā€™s a good thing. But:

25 Likes

Sheā€™s starting to pick it up. Good. Finally. Glad to see her campaign starting to focus and show some spark.

3 Likes

23 Likes

Dear GOP,

You did this to yourselves.

Love,
Liberals, centrists and everyone else who isnā€™t in a political party.

22 Likes

So sheā€™s doing campaign ads for Trump now?

Pssst, Hillary, the fact that lots of people hate Trump is part of the reason others love him.

Also, Iā€™m really not going to get scared into voting for you. Give me something to vote FOR, not just something to vote against.

29 Likes

Itā€™s all in Googleā€™s hands now. Itā€™s not like any of us were using democracy in the first place so:

~whatever~

1 Like

Right? I canā€™t imagine Sanders endorsing ads that stoop this low. Nor Obama, actually.

3 Likes

To be fair, if Trump wasnā€™t born rich he might have built the family fortune the same way his grandfather did.

(Granted, Canada doesnā€™t allow brothels any more.)

7 Likes

Now, if we can get the right people to see thisā€¦

4 Likes

While thereā€™s a loud fringe of people who definitely love him because heā€™s a racist bigot, I think that with the campaign going widespread, getting film in front of average voters of respected Republicans saying that ā€œtheir manā€ is a racist xenophobic bigot isnā€™t going to help Trump very much.

5 Likes

Itā€™s a tactical miscalculation on her part, and itā€™s showing that her campaign strategists have a critical weakness: they donā€™t understand the fundamental (and, to a certain extent, shared) appeal of Trump and Sanders.

I think the fact that heā€™s a racist xenophobic bigot that makes career politicians nervous is exactly Trumpā€™s appeal to many of his supporters. A commercial saying ā€œDonā€™t vote for Trump because other Republicans hate him!ā€ is like an anti-Bernie add saying ā€œDonā€™t vote for Sanders because the investor class hates him!ā€

13 Likes

Really? I think Romney doing exactly that completely backfired. ā€œRespectedā€ Republicans are the very sort of ā€œestablishmentā€ figures that so many voters on both sides are sick to death of.

5 Likes

I think the Trump minions are going to have a lot to work with in their own smears of the other side. As Kshama Sawant points out in her argument that the energy generated by Sandersā€™ run must not be wasted:

As a U.S. Senator, Clinton voted for the Iraq War, the Patriot Act, the Patriot Act re-authorization, for new ā€œfree tradeā€ deals (including the 2008 Panama agreement which helped perfect it as a tax haven), for bank deregulation, the Wall Street bailouts (TARP), the 2006 border fence legislation, and the list goes on. As Secretary of State she was perhaps the administrationā€™s most aggressive proponent for interventions in Libya and Syria that fueled the humanitarian crisis in the region. She acted as a global spokesperson for fracking, and in spite of considerable pressure from Sanders has not backed down from this environmentally devastating practice.

Hillary won the admiration of Bloomberg Businessweek for her corporate advocacy as Secretary, noting that ā€œClinton turned the State Department into a machine for promoting U.S. business,ā€ and sought ā€œto install herself as the governmentā€™s highest-ranking business lobbyist.ā€

How can anyone seriously argue that we can continue our political revolution by supporting one of the highest profile opponents of that revolution, who has essentially vowed that the things weā€™re fighting for will ā€œnever ever happenā€? Hillary Clintonā€™s actual policies will not be rooted in whatever platform is passed at the convention, but will be based instead on her own neoliberal politics and on the influence of Wall Street and the billionaire class that have funded her campaign. In fact, the Clinton camp has already responded to Sanders, rejecting attempts to push Hillary to the left.

7 Likes