Hillary Clinton is more inspiring than ever in this look back at her campaign

I don’t vote based on campaign advertising.

1 Like

Yes, another coddled appendage of Wall Street desperate to portray herself as a Tribune of the People. Feh.

2 Likes

A quick google to a Macy-equivalent among high end stores – to say nothing of bespoke, which is really how most of the men in her social/political circle do it – shows us such that men’s tuxedos, and sometimes even just the jacket part, can easily cost around $5,000.

Brioni, $7,025
Tom Ford, $5,460 (jacket only)
Giorgio Armani, $4,595

When was the last time a male U.S. politician was criticized for the cost of his bespoke suits or tuxedo? I’ll wait…

13 Likes

Do me a solid and please don’t judge my entire country by the words of a known fail-trolley, 'kay?

Thanks, most appreciated.

Only about 36 hours or so to go, sister…

10 Likes

As for the article, we’re already on the wrong foot with the full title:

Hillary Clinton’s war crimes are unforgivable. No real progressive could ever support her.
B/c preordained conclusions are The Best Conclusions.
3 Likes

Not cost, per se. But he certainly doesn’t get his money’s worth

2 Likes

If Clinton wins, in about a year there will be articles on boingboing about all the Wall Street markers that have been cashed in and the two or three new wars the USA is involved with.

Many people who post to those articles will act like this comes to them as a complete surprise.

2 Likes

Perhaps if we’d been offered a viable alternative…

I have desperately low expectations of a Clinton presidency, but that was the best on offer.

11 Likes

And? What’s you’re point here? Voting for someone doesn’t mean you can’t later seek to hold them accountable. Political engagement doesn’t just happen in the voting booth. [quote=“daneel, post:28, topic:88851”]
I have desperately low expectations of a Clinton presidency, but that was the best on offer.
[/quote]

13 Likes

Indeed, it’s essential that we do.

8 Likes

Hell, that should be true even of people who are enthusiastically voting for someone, right?

5 Likes

If Trump wins, in about a year we’ll be in a smoking crater.

3 Likes

You think Giant Meteor will take defeat that badly?

7 Likes

To be fair, a tuxedo would look really out of place at most events.

Donald Trump could really benefit from a bespoke suit. His suits look like something I would wear, except I know how to tie a tie.

2 Likes

Yeah, I also find war crimes and human rights abuses boring. If all those people suffering under Hillary Clinton’s foreign policy want some sympathy, they should try making their own high-energy YouTube retrospective. So inspiring!

4 Likes

This is Breitbart-class BS, lazily and dishonestly dismissing solid evidence of Russian interference in the election. Still, it bears repeating that Russia is interfering in the US election. That’s actually happening. That doesn’t excuse anyone of anything, but it hasn’t been used by Clinton to excuse anything as that deceitful propaganda suggests.

8 Likes

We are talking about the election here. Nothing more nothing less. The system needs changing and improving. Radically, sustainably and fast.

But as someone who values the human capacity to reason, I really can’t see how any improvement, change or for that matter anything good can possibly arise from a Trump presidency supported by the disgruntled, emotive masses who support him

As a student of German history the process that got the US to this stage where Trump might get elected looks too familiar and plain horrific…

Let’s get back to reason and humanity and some kind of understanding that as a species we are better than that.

3 Likes

I have, to the extent possible, ignored everything to do with our next president, since at least the early 1990s.

This video humanized her quite a lot to me.

1 Like

If it’s as you say, then I submit it wasn’t accidental. Very few people would notice that, but whomever made that piece had some savvy, and nothing in a piece like that is accidental. Not. One. Pixel.

A year? Hell no; I plan on going into a full-throttle critique of HRC and the establishment Dems in a few days’ time.

Just as soon as the fascist is dealt with. Priorities, triage.

6 Likes